Head of TA
Head of Transfer Agency
A leading global Fund Management company are seeking an experienced professional to join them as the Head of Transfer Agency in Ireland. The successful candidate will head up a team responsible for the administration and oversight the Transfer Agency function.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external contacts and stakeholders to ensure a high level of communication and mutual understanding
- As Head of Transfer Agency you will become the CBI Pre-Approved Controlled Function (PCF) accountable to the Irish funds' board of management, this will include quarterly board meeting presentations and attendance
- Overall responsibility for the identification, evaluation, prioritisation and assessment of risks within the team
- Proactively analyse instances of risk in the team and take proactive steps to mitigate future occurrences
- Focus in on the key elements of the policies, processes and products.
- Concentrate on the application of consistent standards and procedures
- Ensure that high quality controls and procedures are in place and that they are captured in the respective KPI's.
- Responsible for training and developing the team's capabilities to support key business objectives
- Set team and individual goals and ensures individual development through effective delegation and empowerment
- Oversight of the team representation on various projects e.g. new product feasibility; systems enhancements; process improvements; and efficiency improvement activity.
- Manage the day to day activity within the team by monitoring pending work items, allocating received work items and assessing priorities effectively in order to meet the service levels
- Ability to handle escalations and process related query resolutions including account opening, dealing and general maintenance, bank reconciliation and cash management and client reporting
- Own and develop the oversight function and become the third party transfer agents, acting as a primary contact for both internal and external parties, reporting back to senior management and stakeholders.
- Responsible for monitoring the performance of the service provider and for the escalation and resolution of reoccurring operational queries, issues and incidents
- Completion of oversight checks on specific activities at the Transfer Agency to ensure compliance with agreed service criteria
- Assist with annual due diligence visits to the provider in conjunction with Risk and Compliance functions.
- Management of issues and incidents, conducting root cause analysis and ensuring appropriate remedial steps are clearly defined and assigned to mitigate risk Knowledge/Experience
- Ensure the highest standards of customer service through effective training and ensuring compliance with procedures and identifying potential client improvement requirements.
- High level awareness of the competitive landscape and industry processes
- Proactively able to use industry knowledge to help shape decisions within the teams
- Collaboratively interact with all business products, processes and challenges to identify improvements or solutions
- Proactively guide and train other team members to show how their role and their team's roles fits into the overall business framework and the impact of their actions and the customer needs within the role.
- The ability to represent the company at external meetings and industry events
- High level of awareness and usage of concepts and methodologies to bring improvement to processes
- Proactively guides and trains others in the risk control functions and regulatory aspect of the process
- Have the ability to coordinate with the wider business to ensure that any business impacts are effectively managed.
- Lead and mentor the projects within the teams and inter department, ensuring that the project runs to time and budget
- Provide oversight to ensure the team can continue to operate effectively and provide additional resource when needed
- Review, recommend and drive new methods to improve daily processes
- Effectively manage information to key stakeholders
- Provide mentoring to the wider business function to help improve standards and employee development and engagement
- Build on team engagement including skip level meetings with staff
- A strong working knowledge of GFAS and Xtrac, and or other Transfer Agency platforms would be an advantage but is not essential.
- A sound working knowledge of MS Office products is essential
- Degree or equivalent in a related field
- Must possess a positive 'can do' attitude, displaying a flexible approach to an ever changing environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Time management and prioritisation skills
- Attention to detail is essential
All interested candidates should send CV to email@example.com
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.