This is a senior strategic role, heading up Architecture and Innovation, for a large financial institution.
Who it's with:
This is a senior strategic role working with a large established financial institution. You will be providing leadership to translate business strategy into a realistic and actionable business and technology architecture design.
You will also lead innovation and sponsor initiatives to gain advantages from emerging business and technology developments during a time of huge transformation.
What you'll be doing:
- Enterprise Architecture: Accountable for identifying the target Enterprise Architecture aligned with business goals drivers, and strategy and introducing best practice architecture standards, principles and blueprints for the future.
- Business strategy alignment: Accountable for defining the IT Strategy in alignment with business goals, drivers, and sand expected outcomes.
- Align architecture disciplines: Accountable for aligning all architecture disciplines (enterprise, business, process, organisation, information, data, security, infrastructure, technology) across the organisation with the goal of achieving maximum interoperability and efficiency.
- Business engagement: Accountable for engaging the business to achieve consensus for the business and technology architectural vision and roadmap and to articulate and communicate the role and benefits of architecture in the organisation. Support the Business Partner with the management of key stakeholders.
- Solutioning: Make recommendations on the scoping of major initiatives, and ensure alignment of overall business and technology portfolio to standards and guiding principles. Assess the impact of the IT enterprise architecture agenda on the change portfolio.
- Continuous improvement: Participate in the development and assessment of new concepts to support the business strategy and provide recommendations to leverage current architecture for competitive advantage, internal efficiency and improved service.
- Innovation: Bring innovative and strategic thinking to the group. Maintain a forward looking perspective on emerging market and technology trends and industry best practices to identify and sponsor initiatives that should be explored.
- Change and architecture alignment: Ensure all changes are delivered in line with architecture blueprints.
- Governance: Chair the Architecture Strategy Board and Architecture Project Review Board.
Leadership & People Management
- Lead by example and demonstrate strong management standards and practices and full support for the management team
- Guide and direct resources to assist in delivery of work as appropriate
- Embed good people management practices in line with Group standards, including completion of goals and reviews for any direct reports
- Provide support for learning and development for individuals and for the benefit of the overall unit
- Motivate and inspire people to achieve common objectives
- Support Management through positive and proactive participation within the team and active collaboration with colleagues across IT as appropriate
What you'll need:
- Strategic thinking: Able to look broadly and see the big picture, linking long range vision to everyday work.
- Bringing innovation: Continuously improves the business by generating new and practical ways of doing things in order to solve problems and gain competitive advantage. Continuously researches and keeps abreast of emerging business and technology trends.
- Knowledge of relevant Enterprise Architecture frameworksg. Togaf, Zachman and others.
- Knowledge of SI/TI architectures: Has knowledge of different technology platforms / architectures. Has holistic knowledge of the technology estate and the way it operates on every layer.
- Stakeholder Management: Interprets and influences the Business and IT stakeholders. Creates positive relationships through the appropriate management of expectations and objectives and by maintaining effective communication.
- Organisational Awareness: Excellent understanding of business overall aims, structures, and policies, together with a detailed understanding of the vision, strategy and culture.
- Environmental Awareness: Excellent understanding of those factors relating to business conditions, economic activity, regulatory and legal requirements, security and risk.
- Driving Quality: Focuses attention and resources upon delivering a quality service to the business.
- Stakeholder Management: Interprets and influences stakeholders. Creates positive relationships through the appropriate management of expectations and by maintaining effective communication. Has credibility internally and externally to challenge business requests and estimations.
- Leadership: Builds highly successful and motivated teams who consistently excel in the achievement of business goals. Communicates effectively to colleagues, staff and the business alike. Uses initiative and creative thinking and encourages and supports innovation.
- Negotiating / Influencing / Networking: Using persuasion and building and maintaining trusting relationships and networks to reach agreements both with providers and peers and build commitment to a recommendation or course of action.
- Performance Management: Leads the performance management process to set goals and target competency levels for staff and define recognition and rewards for high performance.
- Being Innovative: Uses initiative and creative thinking and encourages and supports innovation.
- Solving Problems: Able to identify and assess complex business problems/issues and able to manage feasibility studies, gather and analyse information in order to make proposals and provide solutions that meet strategic business goals, targets, priorities and objectives.
- Integrity: Adheres to company's core principles, values, behaviours, policies and expectations. Acts in a transparent, coherent and honest way.
Why you'll want it:
This is a critical role for a high profile financial services company going through massive change. You will be given the chance to make a huge impact on both people and technology while working at a strategic level.
If interested, please APPLY NOW, or call Will McGreal on 0857648848 for a confidential discussion.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.