Do you have extensive Sales and Business Development experience within the Freight sector?
Our client, a freight services company based in Dublin North, is currently recruiting for a new Head of Sales role.
This key strategic role is to lead from the front and deliver the company's ambitious sales growth targets across its full portfolio of services. The objective is to both serve existing clients, through excellent customer service on current business and by developing new revenue streams, while also attracting significant additional business from new clients.
Managing and leading the sales function, you will ensure that it is positioned to maximise sales opportunities to ensure the business achieves its' ambitious growth plans.
As well as your own new business targets, you will also manage a team of Business Developers and the Customer Services Team.
- To recruit, develop, manage and motivate a growing team of sales professionals, who will deliver a high standard of execution across all identified customers in relevant channels.
- Devising sales team KPI's, driving and coordinating the pace of execution.
- Development and Implementation of Sales Strategy across the sales teams, whilst working closely with the operations and finance functions.
- Establish and monitor performance-reporting systems around customer retention and customer banding and client visits.
- To regularly report achievements versus budget & forecasts to the Senior Management Team.
- Engaging and proposing new sales development propositions.
- Motivating the sales team to achieve the best results possible.
- Propose and manage continuous training and assessment programmes for the sales team.
- Setting activity and revenue targets for members of the sales team.
- Own all plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company's sales goals.
- Establish the inbound-lead requirements needed to meet your sales objectives & provide full visibility into the sales pipeline at every stage of development.
- Establish and foster partnerships and relationships with key customers both externally and internally.
- Identifying key areas for improvement in the sales process.
- Attending industry events and conferences to generate new business leads through networking.
- Maintain and grow relationships with international partners.
- Minimum 10 years of sales experience, with a minimum of 5+ years leading a Business development team within the freight sector.
- With previous experience of having responsibility of running a sales unit or region, you will have proven success in achieving revenue and margin growth, with a keen focus on customer retention.
- Possess extensive knowledge of sales principles and practices, and an ability to coach others on them.
- Excellent communication skills combined with the intellectual capacity to sell the concept in a trustworthy, personable and professional manner.
- Resilience: demonstrating confidence in your own ability along with a positive approach.
- Leadership: willing to take the lead and make difficult decisions around people and new business, while bringing a team along with you.
- Good negotiation skills and ability to understand and implement acceptable levels of margin and financial risk.
- Thriving under pressure you will be capable of managing multiple priorities and working to critical deadlines and new business objectives.
- Hands-on management style and proven experience of managing and motivating a sales team.
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking skills and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work positively in an ever-changing environment.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.