Head of Risk
My client is an investment firm seeking a qualified Professional to oversee its' risk function. The company is a UCITs and AIF management company/
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and assisting with the production of daily, monthly and quarterly monitoring of financial and non-financial risks for regulated funds.
- Preparing and assisting with the compilation of data for regulatory filings.
- Assist global teams to ensure risk policies set globally/locally are applied and adhered to with Risk Management Framework.
- Assist global teams to manage the annual risk register review process, dealing with all control owners and demonstrating a good understanding of the control framework.
- Prepare internal risk reporting on valuation, liquidity, counter-parties and derivatives.
- Independently manage the monthly process for data accuracy and completeness, including proactively investigating any issues arising.
- Help generate data and analyze information to review and test control environment.
- Review the internal control framework and consistently ensuring its compliance;
- Identify, escalate and resolve risk issues.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
- A FRM, CFA, CA or equivalent professional certification or candidate desired
- 3-5 years of increasing responsibility in risk management/reporting.
- Good understanding of risk reporting for regulated funds.
- Understanding of financial products (i.e. Equities, Fixed Income, Alternatives, Derivatives, etc.)
- Related experience working with risk models/tools, systems and data.
- Strong Excel skills and knowledge of Macro preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.