NBI are hiring a Head of Procurement
National Broadband Ireland (NBI) will be the designer, builder and operator of the ultrafast broadband network for rural Ireland. It's vision is for a world-class, gigabit-speed broadband for every home, farm, school and business in areas of the country that are not fully served by commercial operators. It guarantees a level playing field for 1.1million people, 540,000 premises including 100,000 businesses and farms and over 600 schools.
Rollout will commence in Q4 of 2019, with most premises being passed in the initial 5 years, with the full project completion at 7 years.
NBI believes that all sustainable progress is driven by people - people with the imagination and determination to improve their future and the futures of the communities, businesses and organisations they belong to. NBI strongly encourages entrepreneurial thinking and attracts keen problem solvers with a driven determination to achieve great work.
NBI currently have a vacancy for a Head of Procurement to join the business in this exciting start up phase. This role will involve balancing strategic goals, operational performance and cost mitigation to expand network footprint which drives commercial value. You will have a thorough understanding of the cost base through the use of appropriate data analysis with a particular focus on Deployment and Connections activities and ensuring this information is available across the organisation to facilitate decision making and strategic planning.
- Monitoring the efficiency and timeliness of the procurement functions output and work effort
- Make recommendations for process and/or toolset changes to improve efficiency
- Act as a power user and primary SME for the toolsets that support the pricing process
- Oversee the issuance of and responses to individual Requests-for-Quotation (RFQ's) for vendors' services, negotiate best pricing in support of commercial proposals
- Manage complex bids involving multiple third party and external/internal stakeholders
- Co-ordinate meetings with vendors and internal Commercial and Engineering teams to communicate vendor service offerings
- Support company cost savings and network optimisation goals by reducing third party costs
- Work with all internal stakeholders to ensure proper understanding of requirements and technical feasibility of solutions, including proposed review
- Remain current on technical information regarding NBI products and services and vendor capabilities, pricing trends and service performance history/trends
- Evaluate, negotiate or renegotiate vendor MSAs tomeet current market standards for key terms such as SLAs and payment terms
- Monitor day to day vendor risk management processes and procedures to ensure consistency with coroporate policy.
- In a steady state act upon gathered performance data and provide quarterly feedback to business partners to ensure quality.
- Ensure team is providing Commercial, Finance, Operations and NBI Deployment with required data
- Work with the team to enable continual improvement and professional development
- Third level Degree with a strong Business / Engineering base along with 12 years+ experience within the telecom or construction sector
- Proven track record in a Head of Procurement role with coommercial achievements
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a management role overseeing pricing analysts, vendor managers and service delivery resources
- Knowledge of telco, colo and related technology industries with a particular focus on telecom firms'product sets, especially with regard to local access
- A working knowledge/understanding of principles of Ethernet and Internet networking at Layer 1 and Layer 2.
- Working knowledge of IT systems development, integration projects and the use of 3rd party systems integrators as part of complex systems development
- Experience working with mulitple stakeholders including Commercial and Finance to ensure clear delivery
- Strong negotiator with a very high standard of attention to detail
- Excellent communucations skills both written and verbal.
If you would like to hear more about this role, please get in touch with Melanie in Morgan McKinley for a confidential discussion.