Ireland Acquiring Director - Payments
Our client's Payment Solutions is responsible for acquiring card payments supporting a wide range of businesses from large corporates to prosumers with taking payments. The multichannel approach supports face-to-face, over the phone, online and mobile, including in-app transactions.
With a history of innovation, the business has driven the acceptance of contactless transactions in partnership with some of its largest customers and was one of the first acquirers to launch a mobile payment acceptance device
The business is in the midst of a transformational journey which includes a complete refresh of the core system infrastructure. We have recently established this new payments entity to evolve the businesses operating model from its current structure to a new independent legal vehicle.
Overall purpose of role
The role is an exciting opportunity to shape the future of our payment acceptance business.
As the Ireland Acquiring Director, you will have general management responsibility of a regulated entity, responsible for formulating and leading the payment acceptance growth strategy in the EU.
Commercial & Strategic Management
- Define and deliver the near and long term acquiring strategy.
- Own the financial performance of the European acquiring business, ensuring delivery of commercial targets.
- Drive a mutually beneficial relationship with the wider Group to develop future opportunities.
- Monitor performance in the marketplace and against competition, driving proactive and remedial recommendations to ensure achievement of results.
- Identify and explore medium/ long term commercial opportunities as an advocate for growth.
- Be recognised in the payments industry - oversee regulatory commitments, attend external forums and forge strong relationships with 3rd parties to ensure the Bank's interests are represented.
- Ensure business effectiveness by developing top-quality professional staff at all levels, including identifying suitable successors.
- Contribute to the development of a high-performance and vibrant culture.
- Identification of enhancements/ developments and delivery of cost reductions promoting sustainable operational efficiency.
- As an Executive Director to the Board and leading the Executive Committee, providing strong commercial leadership is essential.
- Promote best practice for corporate governance.
- Accountable for the risk and control environment surrounding the acquiring business, ensuring compliance with internal and external rules, regulations and legislation.
- Ensure strategies adopted are within risk appetite and consistent with Group.
- Where appropriate, identify and implement remediation plans.
- Ensure the board has high quality information and transparency to make decisions.
- Forge and foster corporate relationships with the government and the regulators.
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Strategic experience with demonstrable track record of delivering coherent and insightful thinking. Proven experience in delivering success through developing visions, translating into strategies and executing at pace.
- Highly effective communicator with exceptional interpersonal skills, articulate & concise in written and verbal communications. Ability to engage and influence senior executives.
- Actively collaborative, promote excellence and best practice.
- Proven effective influencing and relationship management skills, ability to balance and manage diverse stakeholders within industry.
- Effectiveness in working in a complex matrix organisation.
- Positive attitude, with commitment, enthusiasm and appetite for change.
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of payment acceptance markets and wider card industry.
- Understanding of merchants, their needs and behaviours across industry segments
- External negotiation experience
- Experience in operating in a regulated environment and managing relationships with regulators.
This role is deemed as a Pre Controlled Function under the CBI Fitness and Probity regime and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.