Head of Internal Audit - Permanent - Munster Based - Large Irish Manufacturing Corporate
A large Irish corporate have approached Morgan McKinley to source an exceptional finance hire that will be an essential influencer at corporate level and on the inherent, operational and macro risks that will affect the company's development
Reporting to the CFO with a dotted line to the CEO and Board this person will be responsible for managing a successful team in delivering a risk advisory excellence to the business and its vested interests.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Delivering risk based financial strategies companywide in conjunction with CEO and CFO vision and
- Ensure the Audit Plan is prepared based on thorough risk management overview and mitigation.
- Lead and develop a lean and fit for purpose Internal Audit team of motivated finance professionals.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders including, senior management, the Audit and Risk Committee, and the Board.
- Assist management in designing and implementing internal control systems for new services, products, systems and processes; particularly during the development stage of these products and services, etc.
- Conduct investigations and special projects as requested by the Chief Executive Officer or the Board Audit and Risk Committee.
- Accountancy Qualification essential
- Have a minimum of 10 years' relevant audit/risk management experience at a managerial level in either a practicing office or in a significant commercial environment;
- Thorough knowledge of complex accounting and information systems and related internal control systems and an excellent knowledge of modern techniques such as data analytics
- Have strong managerial and influencing skills.
- Ability to manage relationships with key stakeholders including, senior management, Audit and Risk Committee and other Board members.
- Familiar with capital development, cashflow, and business diversification audit control techniques
Please contact Michael Morrissey in Morgan McKinley should you wish to discuss this role further at firstname.lastname@example.org or (021) 2 300 300.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.