Head of Innovation - Banking
Leading Bank is looking for a " Head of Innovation" to lead and manage the delivery of innovation pillar and deliver against the overall bank strategy.
In this role you will;
- Design and execution of the Innovation roadmap.
- Ownership of the identification, analysis, design and delivery of innovative solutions to customer problems.
- Build and maintain strong productive working relationships with key stakeholders, ensuring there is clear understanding and alignment in all aspects of the program lifecycle.
- Development, maintenance and execution of the Innovation delivery roadmap of capability and functionality.
- Acting as line manager in leading, energising and developing a small team.
- Engagement with cross functional teams, delivery functions and Group to ensure alignment, consistency and understanding in the approach to delivery.
- Ensuring the program objectives and benefits are realised on an ongoing basis through the achievement of defined key performance indicators.
- Maintaining relationships with third parties
- Developing relationships with third parties in particular fintech's with a view to developing partnerships and leveraging new and emerging capability.
- Represent the Bank as an external voice of Innovation including presenting to an engaging with the Innovation Community on behalf of the Bank .
- Raising digital and innovation cultural awareness across the organisation, embedding innovative thinking as a staff competence and supporting and championing innovative ideas.
- Scanning the market and undertaking continuous research to stay abreast of new and emerging innovations.
- Create cohesive, compelling, fact based presentations for Program Steering Committee, Executive Committee etc.
- Act as an advocate for cultural change
Knowledge, Education & Experience:
- Strong evidence of digital delivery in the Financial Services sector
- Proven success managing projects up to the value of €15m with multiple cross functional and matrixed input
- Successful senior stakeholder management
- Keen interest and up to date knowledge of innovation trends in the market
- Relevant third level qualification or professional equivalent
- Prior experience in the management of third party vendors both commercial engagement and delivery planning
Essential Skills & Key Competencies:
- Communication: Strong communication skills with an ability to deal with all levels in a confident and professional manner.
- Leadership: The ability to motivate and lead others.
- Results oriented: The ability to deliver excellent results against stretching targets.
- Action oriented: Ability to make decisions, take the initiative and originate action
- Specialist Knowledge: Strong experience in coordinating and managing all stages of a project and project governance
- Presentation Skills: Strong experience in public speaking and presentation to large audiences.
- Personal Drive and Motivation: Ability and tenacity to achieve goals, develop in the role and succeed.
- Curiosity: A strong desire to know and learn
- Delivery: Ability to achieve high quality deliverables in a timely manner.
- Strategic Thinker: Strong analytical and problem solving skills, ability to think strategically and identify ongoing improvement opportunities and process optimisation
- Excellent attention to detail required.
All interested candidates should send Cvs to Susan Nix - email@example.com
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.