Head of IBOR Operations Opportunity
This is an exciting venture in one of Europe's largest financial services centres which creates significant opportunities for people looking to grow their careers in an international company.
This opportunity is to act as Head of Investment Book of Records (IBOR) global team. The successful candidate will initially be involved in the build-out of the global IBOR operations group including any necessary recruitment across our three global locations. They will also be tasked with implementing the target operating model for this group ahead of the programme going live.
- Engage with stakeholders across all groups ensuring a full understanding of IBOR expectations.
- Implement an SLA framework defining delivery of IBOR service.
- The successful candidate will be required to liaise closely with both Technology and the IBOR Implementation lead in to ensure a timely and successful roll-out of the IBOR platform.
- Manage a global team across three locations (Ireland/India/China).
- Implement a Target Model that delivers an IBOR as a scalable, knowledgeable and efficient operation.
- Define team structure, operating checklists and tasks.
- Drive hiring process for IBOR operations group.
- Create role specifications, liaise with recruiters and conduct interviews.
- Familiarise themselves with the IBOR platform, internal data and transaction architecture.
- Take the lead in testing the IBOR platform.
- Work with and forging strong relationships with internal stakeholders creating and running test plans.
- Define UAT criteria and sign-off.
- Full understand risk, judgement & planning implications contained within any mitigation plan.
- Sign-off on Ops Readiness while ensuring that all limitations and Day Two items are documented.
- Represent & lead the team.
- An opportunity to build out a new operations group offering a service to front-office.
- A vibrant environment with an opportunity to work closely with internal stakeholders.
- A busy, interesting, diverse workload from a variety of sources.
- Very often working to tight deadlines.
- Experience in Asset Management industry, particularly with a strong understanding of running IBOR operations.
- A senior leader and proven people manager with a track record in building and developing global operational teams functioning in a complex environment
- Experience leading global operations groups across multiple sites, development of team and implementing a succession plan ensuring that team members are given the opportunity to learn, take responsibility and drive their careers.
- Deep knowledge across asset classes, particularly; Fixed Income and Derivatives.
- Experience working with front-office stakeholders and understanding their needs within IBOR.
- Back Office Requirements: Detailed hands-on knowledge of industry-standard back office processing functions, including Position Services, Reconciliations, Securities Reference Data, Pricing and Corporate Actions.
- An effective approach to risk management with a focus on developing control frameworks.
- An excellent communicator at all levels with experience of leading and chairing senior forums
- Self-motivated and responsive to a constantly changing environment.
- Managing internal / external stakeholders
- Experience successfully running an IBOR operations.
- Strong operations background within financial services
- Proven track record in an operations leadership role
Experience dealing with Front Office Investment Stakeholders
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.