Exciting new opportunity for a Head of HR has just come to the market - based in South Dublin
My client, a global leader in heavy industry, is currently expanding its leadership team and is seeking a new Head of Human Resources.
Reporting directly to the Country Manager, your role will entail driving the HR strategy for the business across multiple sites and play a pivotal role in delivering the company's strategic, operational and commercial goals and deliver a best in class HR agenda for a workforce of 800 people.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Determining people strategy to support the Company's future and ambitions
- Day to day management of the HR team
- Liaising with Divisional and Group HR Management
- Liaising with all other internal heads of department
- Ensuring Group Policies are implemented and monitored correctly at Country level
- Recruitment: Local Policy, Process and implementation
- Remuneration and Reward: Policy, Process, implementation and control
- Implementation of Employee Performance, Appraisal and succession planning
- Ensuring that the Company comply with all relevant Employment legislation
- Ensuring that all line management are fully trained and capable of managing employees in line with Company policy and procedure
- Representing the Company where required in relation to Employment tribunals, Union relations, Employees claims and disputes
- Regular provision of statistical reporting (Group, Client, Internal)
- Determining the training(non-technical) and development requirements of staff and management.
- Third level qualification in Human Resource with a minimum of 5 years management experience.
- Excellent leadership skills with a hands-on approach.
- Ability to understand operations and use KPI's effectively to achieve best in class performance.
- Strong negotiation skills as well as demonstrated strategic and commercial thinking skills.
- Union experience highly desirable.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced growing environment.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.