Head of Compliance
My client is an investment firm seeking a qualified Professional to oversee its' compliance function. The company is a UCITs and AIF management company/
- To maintain relationships between Compliance, sales and investment teams and other company departments.
- Perform investment compliance monitoring, analysis and reporting utilizing the Bloomberg system and other firm wide IT systems
- Encourage a positive and pro-active compliance culture within the company with a business supportive professional approach
- In line with the compliance monitoring program, perform compliance monitoring and analysis as well as undertake appropriate reporting
- Ensure that appropriate regulatory policies and procedures are in place and understood by business units and stay abreast of new EU and Irish regulatory requirements
- Assist with the administration of the STAR Compliance system for compliance with the Code of Ethics
- Provide management information
- Bring to the attention of management any areas where there is perceived regulatory risk and work with colleagues to resolve issues
- Develop expertise on the company's investment activities
- Liaise with the Board of the Company and provide compliance and AML reporting
- Ensure that all required filings with the Central Bank of Ireland are kept up to date
- Understanding of UCITS and AIFMD and MIFID and relevant Irish stature and SI.
- Proactive team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Good organizational and analytical skills combined with innovative thinking
- Ability to interrogate systems to obtain information and run reports
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Able to work effectively with senior management to facilitate the development of business initiatives and implementation
- Motivated to take ownership of projects and take them to completion
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and be adaptable to change
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.