Group Technical & Commercial Accountant - €90k - €100k - Dublin South
The Group Technical & Commercial Accountant will support the Group Finance team and the wider Finance teams across the Group. You will lead the evaluation and implementation of new accounting standards. This will include liaising with colleagues in Group finance and other functions and third parties, conducting impact analyses, briefing stakeholders and implementing plans as appropriate. This role has a commercial focus that will involve adhoc projects analysing operational and financial information in compelling ways and providing decision options to Group Management.
- Support the Group and Business Unit finance teams by leading the Group's response to the introduction of new accounting standards and changes to existing standards
- Leading the Group's IFRS 16 implementation and reporting, including statutory and monthly reporting.
- Input into forecasts and budgets to include the impact of relevant accounting standards and ensuring that Group accounting policies are up to date.
- Play a key role in preparing the Financial Statements that form part the Group's Annual Reports.
- Act as liaison between Group Finance and the external auditor and other professional advisors in relation to the application of IFRS and adoption of new standards.
- Working with colleagues in responding to any questions raised on the Group's Annual Report
- Be proficient and comfortable in accounting technical research and interpretation across IFRS and multiple GAAPs.
- Provide accounting and regulatory training, updates and guidance to colleagues
- Advise on technical accounting issues related to acquisitions, changes in the Group structure and corporate developments
- Other projects as agreed from time to time with the Group Investment Appraisal and Projects Manager/Group Financial Controller.
- ACA qualified (or equivalent accountancy qualification) with at least four/five years' experience in Big 4 or
- Technical expertise and experience in the interpretation and application of IFRS
- Ability to lead in all technical finance matters and continually align the finance function with emerging standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal stakeholders, auditors and regulators.
- Experience in a range of other disciplines e.g. corporate finance, regulatory reporting, taxation and treasury would be viewed positively.
- An understanding of the consolidation of Group accounts in a multi-business unit/multiple currency environment would be a distinct advantage
- Energetic and positive with an upbeat attitude - a good sense of humour and positive outlook is a must
- Able to communicate complex issues in a simple and accessible way at all levels within a large international organisation and with a diverse range of stakeholders. Strong intellect with excellent attention to detail.
- IT and Analytical Skills Advanced Microsoft Office Skills is essential - in particular Excel (e.g. IndexMatch, Pivot Tables, Macros etc.) and PowerPoint.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.