Morgan McKinley are representing a multi-national Pharmaceutical company to recruit a Group Tax Accountant for their Dublin office.
Morgan McKinley are representing a multi-national, Pharmaceutical company to recruit a Tax Accountant for their Dublin office.
The Group Tax function is responsible for managing corporate tax compliance across the Group, year-end tax accounting, including deferred tax provisioning, and supporting the businesses with respect to compliance for other tax heads, primarily VAT and payroll taxes. The tax function also supports the Group Corporate Development team with respect to the tax aspects of acquisitions, disposals, etc., and also works closely with the Group Internal Audit and Group Finance functions.
Reporting directly to the Group Tax Manager, the Tax Accountant will hold the following responsibilities.
- Corporate Tax Compliance: Preparation of corporate tax returns and supporting computations for Irish and UK companies.
- Tax Accounting: Preparation of current and deferred tax computations for year-end provisioning purposes. Liaising with the Group Finance team and external auditors on tax related audit matters.
- VAT Compliance: Preparation of Irish Group VAT return.
- Transfer Pricing: Preparation and regular updating of transfer pricing documentation, in particular preparation of Country-by-Country reporting requirements, and implementation of transfer pricing policies. Liaising with external advisors.
- Support to Internal Audit: Support the Group Internal Audit team with respect to tax compliance reviews of the businesses, ensuring the effectiveness and efficiency of their work.
- Ad-Hoc Tax Queries: Deal with tax related queries raised by the businesses.
The ideal candidate will be newly AITI/CTA/ACA qualified, with experience in a Big 4/Top 10 environment. The is a perfect opportunity for an ambitious tax consultant to gain valuable industry experience.
- AITI/CTA/ACA qualified with a strong practical tax background, preferably from Big 4/Top 10 practice background.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience working in a corporate tax environment.
- Practical knowledge of corporation, VAT and payroll taxes.
- Experience with tax transfer pricing in a MNE environment and exposure to overseas taxes is an advantage.
- Strong IT skills and experience working with corporate tax compliance software.
- Flexible and adaptable team player, demonstrating the ability to quickly grasp new skills.
- Experienced in working to tight reporting deadlines.
- Proven record of achievement and highly motivated with ambition to succeed.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.