Unique opportunity to join a recognized consumer brand as Tax Manager, offering substantial exposure to the wider business and the full cycle of an R&D Tax claim.
Morgan McKinley are representing a global consumer brand, who are expanding their finance department and hiring an R&D Tax Manager for their Irish operation.
This role provides a unique opportunity for an individual seeking substantial exposure to the wider business as well as the whole cycle of an R&D Tax claim.
The R&D Tax Manager will hold responsibility for leading the management of the Group's Global Incentives Programme, including R&D tax credit claims and development agency grant funding.
The successful candidate will manage the Group's operational relationships with key development agencies such as Enterprise Ireland and act as a Business Partner to each of the Group's regions for all incentives.
Interested candidates should either:
Be AITI/ACA qualified with a minimum of 2 years' PQE in a Private Practice AND/OR Industry environment.
Hold significant R&D Tax Credits expertise in a professional environment.
Dependent on experience, the salary range for this role will be negotiable, in addition to a comprehensive management incentives package.
- Management of the Group's Global Incentives Programme, including R&D tax credit claims and development agency grant funding.
- Responsible for R&D Tax credit claims in key jurisdictions, e.g. Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia etc.
- Business Partner to each of the Group's regions for all incentives.
- Responsible for managing the Group's operational relationship with key development agencies such as Enterprise Ireland.
- Overseeing the drawdown of various incentives from various development agencies globally, primarily in Ireland and the USA.
- Identifying additional opportunities across the world to claim incentives and tax credits.
- Identifying and implementing improvements to the existing process of claiming R&D Credits and incentives across all key jurisdictions
- Ensuring R&D claims meet the requirements of all relevant tax legislation and guidelines.
- Management of any tax authority queries in relation to R&D Tax Credit claims.
- Managing the relationship with our global provider of R&D Tax Credit services.
- Regular reporting on R&D Tax Credits and Incentives to both Regional and Group management.
- Tax AND/OR accounting qualification (AITI/ACA).
- A detailed working knowledge of R&D tax credit legislation and experience preparing R&D tax credit calculations is essential.
- Minimum 2 years' PQE in a Private Practice AND/OR Industry environment.
- Excellent communication skills in a range of situations with internal team members and external stakeholders. In particular having an ability to explain complex technical concepts in simple language.
- Experience of working in process development / improvement.
- Project Management experience.
- Experience with preparing documentation for non-specialists.
- Wider interest in R&D and technology development.
- Willingness to travel.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.