Record to Report - Global Process Lead - Aptiv Dublin
About this Position
Aptiv is looking for a GBS Global Process Leader (GPL) - Record to Report (R2R). This person will work with the Director of Global Business Services and have a matrix relationship with the various Shared Service Centers and Site Finance, seeking to transform their Record to Report processes. The GPL will provide leadership and direction to lead R2R transformation on a Global basis. The GPL will provide leadership for the finance transformation from influencing during the discussion phase, to development and implementation and overseeing the transformation project. This will include finance process transformation, standardization and simplification of financial processes towards the development of best in class end-to-end financial processes. Key levers are standardization, consolidation, automation, and process improvements to strengthen internal controls, customer service, cost and productivity improvement.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- End to End:
- Leads the execution of the global strategy for the global record to report (R2R) processes, including associated policies and technologies.
- Establishes and communicates a clear vision for record to report processes across the Aptiv organization
- Actively works with each GBS Shared Services Center to adopt and embrace global standardized processes, including the continuous improvement efforts to automate manual processes.
- Work with GBS leadership and Company leadership to continue to transition R2R work into the Shared Service Centers and continue efforts to standardize scope already within the GBS Shared Service centers.
- Performance Management:
- Works as part of GBS management and with the business unit leadership to monitor process metrics and improvements and leads global initiatives to completion
- Identifies new approaches and concepts for process improvement
- Business process improvements and recommended automations to drive consistency and leading practice policies across the business.
- Develop and maintain relationships with relevant suppliers of services/systems/applications used within the SSC in support of the R2R processes
- Support S4 deployment , ensuring leading practice processes are deployed within the global template
- Documentation of end to end processes incl. 3 year roadmap.
- Engage in SOX documentation process to ensure consistency across regions for R2R and drive strong internal controls
- Ensure processes are in place to keep information confidential, thereby protecting the organization's value.
- Resource Management:
- Sponsors and champions organization-wide initiatives to ensure leadership excellence and build ready talent including processes to motivate, recognize and reward team members for determination and implementation of process improvements.
- Work with Automation and Digitization to identify opportunity for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Work with Operational Excellence to identify opportunity for Continuous Improvement Initiatives.
- Knowledge Management:
- Ensure strong knowledge management through standardized SOP's (including semi-annual review), identification of critical processes, exceptions and back up..
- Responsible for business owned application (i.e. Trinitech - [CARS]) including system changes and change management.
- Understanding of the ERP to HFM reporting process
- Stakeholder Perception:
- Understand results of Voice of Customer and works with Operations Teams and Operational Excellence to identify improvement opportunities.Review and approval to ensure consistency in processes across regions in scoping and process improvements
- Perform periodic review of Benchmarks to ensure competitive stature of the SSCs.
- Min 5 years of R2R supervisory experience in a regional or global role
- Strong financial background and experience in Bank / Treasury Accounting, Fixed Asset Accounting, General Ledger Accounting, and month end close processing and reporting.
- Experience leading large teams and working with Business Process Owners and in a Shared Services Center.
- Certification is preferred, CMA, CPA, PMP, or related R2R or Shared Services certification
- Six Sigma training or related process improvement training
- Experience in systems related to R2R such as Trintech or Blackline and ERP systems such as SAP , S4 Hanna.
Traits We're Seeking
- Challenges the status quo
- Business candor, upfront and transparency to how you conduct business
- Visionary leadership, understanding the downstream impact of your decisions
- Influencer, ability to articulate and present to all layers of management
- Strategic and innovative thinker
- Accountability, holding themselves and their team to critical deadlines and commitments
Please review the APTIV Privacy Statement Here