An opportunity to join a fast paced team
Our Client is the market leader and number one supplier the in Medical Device industry. Due to growth in their business they are now looking to recruit a Global Commodity Manager.
This position is responsible for supporting the Snr. Director Global Procurement in driving procurement strategies in our global commodity management function and the tactical supplier management in improving supplier KPI's and delivering supplier cost reductions
- Drive cost reduction strategies
- Negotiate, draft and implement supplier contracts.
- Manage supply chain to ensure continuity of supply in key commodities
- Develop strategies for supplier consolidation
- Drive inventory reductions, through supplier negotiations and driving lean methodologies
- Assure qualified suppliers are identified for all components and services.
- Work with existing suppliers to improve performance or identify alternate suppliers to maintain supplier base.
- Work cross functionally to manage the operations process between Demand and Supply planning
- Work closely to assure contract manufacturers and freight forwarders are able to efficiently execute business goals
- 3rd level qualification in Engineering or Business background preferred.
- 8+ years experience
- Prior experience in managing suppliers at a senior level in key commodities
- Possess a working understanding of international shipping and customs regulations.
- Outstanding computer skills including MRP, Microsoft Excel, Word, Project and the Internet
- Highly competent with Operations and Supply Chain functionality of ERP systems like SAP
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.