Fantastic opportunity for a GL Accountant with one of the world's leading companies in Dublin City Centre
Job Type: Contract 12 months
Location: City Centre
Would you like to join an innovative market leader?
If so, this is a fantastic opportunity for a General Ledger Accountant to join one of the world's largest biopharmaceutical company based in Dublin's city centre.
As a General Ledger Accountant, you will be responsible for end to end Local GAAP reporting activities, as well as a number of US GAAP related activities.
You will also be responsible for identifying inefficiencies with a view to developing and implementing more robust processes within the group.
- Assist in coordinating external audits within assigned countries.
- Prepare Financial Statements in line with Local GAAP conventions
- Perform analysis of the US GAAP trial balance
- Prepare and provide quarterly reporting pack to market Finance Directors
- Coordinate and facilitate Balance Sheet Review meetings
- Develop effective working relationships with key stakeholders in the assigned countries
- Act as a point of contact for all statutory related technical queries for their assigned markets
- Contribute to team effort and assist colleagues as needed to balance workloads
- Identify opportunities for continuous process improvement and innovative solutions so the team can operate in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Participate in and coordinate projects that require creativity and analytical skills
- University Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting
- Qualified accountant with a minimum of three years of related accounting experience required
- Experience in preparation of statutory financial statements
- Experience in dealing with external auditors and overseeing the audit process
- Oracle and/or SAP experience desirable
- Financial migration experience in a shared service environment is desirable.
- Strong accounting, interpersonal, analytical thinking, and organisational skills
- Experience in financial reporting in a similar shared service environment is also very beneficial for this position.
- Familiarity with Sarbanes Oxley and internal controls is important for this position.
- Knowledge of US-GAAP and Statutory Accounting
- Knowledge of Acquisitions and divestures is beneficial though not essential for the position.
If you are looking for the next step in your career or to gain excellent industry experience, please apply online today!!
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.