NBI are hiring for a General Ledger Accountant for an immediate start!
National Broadband Ireland (NBI) will be the designer, builder and operator of the ultrafast broadband network for rural Ireland. It's vision is for a world-class, gigabit-speed broadband for every home, farm, school and business in areas of the country that are not fully served by commercial operators. It guarantees a level playing field for 1.1million people, 540,000 premises including 100,000 businesses and farms and over 600 schools.
Rollout will commence in Q4 of 2019, with most premises being passed in the initial 5 years, with the full project completion at 7 years.
NBI believes that all sustainable progress is driven by people - people with the imagination and determination to improve their future and the futures of the communities, businesses and organisations they belong to. NBI strongly encourages entrepreneurial thinking and attracts keen problem solvers with a driven determination to achieve great work.
NBI are now hiring for a General Ledger Accountant to join their business immediately. This role is heavily involved with ensuring the accounting department is set up to be an efficient well run department. It needs someone who is available to start immediately ideally and hit the ground running.
- Ensure the Company's financial accounting and reporting platform is robust and meets Company requirements.
- Develop, implement and maintain appropriate accounting policies for the Company's activities.
- Develop, implement and maintain the Company Chart Of Accounts so as to meet all statutory, management and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Ensure that all accounting records are physically and cyber-secure and that there are appropriate backup protocols in place.
- Ensure that the Company complies with all statutory requirements for retention of financial records.
- Develop, implement and maintain controls over read and write access to the GL and all associated modules.
- Ensure that there is in place appropriate processes to ensure the integrity and completeness of the GL including reconciliation of detailed receivables and payable listings to the related control accounts, along with bank and creditor reconciliations.
- Ensure that there are regular physical inspections of inventory, fixed assets and any other physical assets of the Company.
- Ensure appropriate allowances are made for bad and doubtful receivables, obsolete or slow-moving inventory and other similar asset impairment provisions.
- Ensure appropriate accounting for RCT, VAT, PAYE/PRSI and CT.
- Prepare all required tax returns and ensure any related payments are made on time.
- Prepare monthly management accounts to include P&L, BS and Statement Of Cashflow, to include a comparison of actual performance vs. budget.
- Prepare statutory accounts for all legal entities and be the point of contact for all audit-related activities.
- Qualified Accountant along with a relevant Third level qualification
- Minimum of 3 years post-qualified experience in a General Ledger role in a large enterprise.
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- Hand-on's professional who is willing to work on their own initiative and has a postiive, "can-do" approach to their work.
- Any previous start-up/set-up experience is an advantage - as is previous experience in Sage 200.
- Flexible and adaptable.
If you are interested in hearing more about this exciting new role in NBI please get in touch today with an updated copy of your CV.