Leading global logistics company looking for an experienced freight forwarder in Cork
Are you a positive and motivated individual seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity in a dynamic environment?
Would you like to work as part of a dedicated team that takes pride in the work they do all the time.
Requirements for this position:
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in a similar role in shipping/logistics/freight forwarding environment.
- 3rd level degree qualified ideally in a logistics/supply chain or business discipline desirable
- Assertive and confident communicator with proven ability to build effective relationships with stakeholders
- Strong customer orientation seeking to meet and exceed expectations
- Dangerous Goods certification an advantage
Duties of the role:
- Manage customer bookings
- Perform DG Checks on Lithium Ion Export shipments
- Maintain excellent relationships with suppliers both internal and external
- Prepare, control and distribute all required Export documents to counterparts (carrier, consignee, supplier, Global Service Centre, etc.)
- Responsible for closing all Air Freight shipments and filing
- Responsible for opening, invoicing and closing files in line with standard operational procedures
- Responsible for compliance with Customs regulations as part of Export booking
- Manage customer specific bulk and EDI invoicing processes
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.