Great opportunity for a fully qualified accountant with strong Financial Services background to join one of the leading accounting firm based in Dublin
- Working with preparation teams to review financial statements under IFRS and US GAAP
- Reviewing financial statements and disclosure notes from Trial balance and other system generated reports utilising word and excel to update templates and workbooks
- Daily communication with teams to allocate resource and deal with changing priorities
- Working with clients to optimize several business functions, this may include projects relating to the financial statement process, review and remediation of business processes and short term interim staffing assignments working within a team environment to ensure deadlines are met;
- Ensure the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of accounting data
- Assisting on various ad hoc projects as required by the client
- Stakeholder engagement, building strong relationships with client representatives
- Liaising with auditors
- Promoting FAAS both internally and externally.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience and knowledge in financial services/asset management industry either directly or through practice;
- ACA/ACCA qualified or equivalent qualification;
- Minimum 1 years' PQE;
- Audit experience of large companies, multinational entities and complex financial instruments;
- Proficient accountant, with strong knowledge of IFRS or US GAAP;
- Understanding of mutual, hedge and / or Private equity funds;
- Ability to learn quickly and keep abreast of developments (US GAAP, SOX);
- Interest in improving processes through Technology
- Strong computer skills - advanced knowledge of Microsoft office;
- Excellent attention to detail and resolves issues as they arise;
- Strong communicator, highly articulate with good report writing and excel skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Experience of working as part of a team supporting others.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.