Exciting 12 month contract opportunity for a Financial Regulatory Reporting Associate to join a global organisation
This is a role within a dynamic Regulatory Reporting team covering maternity leave. The successful candidate will work within a team of 6 and report into the local Regulatory Reporting Manager and the Head of Regulatory Reporting.
This role is part of a team based both in the UK and Ireland who are responsible for the preparation of regulatory returns and other reporting/monitoring functions for the EMEA entities.
- Preparation of daily capital adequacy, large exposures and liquidity management reports for the reportable entities within the EMEA region
- Assist in the preparation of monthly and quarterly Bank of England statistical reports, the quarterly Corep returns, including Corep, large exposures and liquidity management reports for the reportable entities within the EMEA region
- Assist in the preparation of regulatory reports to various UK and Overseas Regulators (including Fed, GFSC and BCL) in respect of the activities of the EMEA regulated entities
- Assist in the completion of legal entity liquidity risk management information reports and other finance support activities as required, including Regulatory W returns and FX position reconciliations
- Assist in the User Acceptance Testing of STB upgrades for new statistical and prudential returns (including new EBA COREP returns)
- Assist in the initial validation and reconciliation processes for the completed regulatory returns
- Assist in the delivery of clear, cross-referenced working papers and period on period variance analysis in relation to all regulatory returns prepared
- The successful candidate will also be expected to carry out various duties in a busy and diverse regulatory reporting environment
Skills / Experience
- Ability to work as part of a team in the region and as part of the broader EMEA Regulatory Reporting team
- Self-starter with an ability to self-motivate
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to assess issues, identify solutions and problem solve
- Ability to react and respond on a timely basis
- Ability to adapt and react positively in a changing and dynamic work environment whilst maintaining a high degree of commitment and focus
- Flexible approach towards changing work methods, deadlines and variable workloads
- Finance related degree and/or experience
- Strong functional expertise of Microsoft Excel (Macros & Lookups) with an ability to proficiently manipulate source data both efficiently and effectively
- Good working knowledge of other Microsoft Office products (WORD and ACCESS)
- Previous experience with the STB reporting software an advantage but, not essential.
- Previous experience working with the Midas AS400 or PeopleSoft an advantage but, not essential
- Previous working knowledge of regulatory returns an advantage but, not essential
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.