Financial & Operations Controller - Kerry - Permanent - SME with International Operations
Financial & Operations Controller - Kerry
A dynamic and progressive business based in Kerry, operating in the manufacturing and engineering sector require a Financial & Operations Controller to provide operational direction, and leadership in the areas of financial management & control, business planning & monitoring, supply chain finance and corporate governance.
This is a unique opportunity and the role will suit someone who can combine financial, operational and governance standards with a commercial, innovative and people orientated focus. The person will have good insights into manufacturing and operations finance with the capability of managing a small finance team.
The Financial Controller will, under the support of the Managing Director, guide and oversee the Finance function in conjunction with working collaboratively with other pillars of the business nationally and internationally.
- Evaluate and implement effective Financial Systems and Internal Controls.
- Lead and manage a performance culture and deliverables in the finance function.
- Be aware of the financial risks of the organisation to ensure that it remains sustainable.
- Contribute to the company's business planning and monitor through on-going reporting, analysis and discussion of relevant information.
- Manage regulatory compliance.
- Create commercial competitive advantage for the business through effective periodic Management Information around product, margin, stock, revenue, cost analysis etc.
- Maintain and drive change and efficiency around IT reporting packages and the general IT infrastructure
- Represent the company externally as required.
- Develop a customer oriented culture, ensuring that the Finance team support and prioritise the needs of the front line business
- Budget setting & forecasting across all profit & cost centres including cash flows
- Review the monthly management accounting function of an existing 3 person admin team
- Annual preparation of financial statements (including consolidation) for audit
- CAPEX projects - Approval, monitoring & controlling
- Taxation (Corporation, VAT, PAYE & others)
Profile for the Role
- Qualified Accountant with a relevant post qualification experience (circa 10 years' experience minimum)
- Minimum 5 years' experience of reporting at a senior finance level i.e. Finance manager or Controller
- Manufacturing industry background ideal
- People management experience
- Ability to manage own workload and prioritise effectively.
- Drive and ambition to sit on the leadership team for the company in the future
- Strong IT skills with experience with a key ERP package essential
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.