Financial Controller required for Galway based construction company.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the full finance function. They will provide commercial and strategic support to the team and to work closely with the MD in the ongoing development of the business
- Budgeting, tax compliance & financial strategies, performance measurement, business planning etc.
- Generate financial reporting to produce results and statements, financial forecasts, significant issues, management accounts
- Manage operations to include transaction processing, contracts, margin analyses, providing information to aid key strategic decision making and formulating business strategies, management team contribution
- Manage accounts including policies and procedures, finance staff, intercompany transactions, payrolls, accounting controls, cash and working capital management
- Aim to optimise financial information systems and improve processes.
- Implementing corporate governance procedures, risk management and internal controls
- Will advise on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions
- Will manage external relationships (Auditors, Banks, Insurance Brokers & Grant Agencies)
- Financial management for the Irish and UK entities - project management, tax, and budget v forecast analysis and commentary
Skills and Experience Required:
- Should be a qualified accountant with a number of years post qualification experience.
- Demonstrated track record of supporting a business commercially and strategically.
- Candidates with experience working within the engineering or construction sector will have a distinct advantage.
- Ideally will have experience in the construction sector in Ireland and the UK
- Must have excellent people and leadership skills.
- Manage stakeholders and influence when necessary.
- Experience in partnering with an executive team and input to strategic direction.
- Must have strong commercial sensibility with a deep understanding of the business/industry.
- Must be solution focused and innovative.
- Identify new trends and techniques in financial management and related technologies.
If you require any additional information on this and other vacancies, market updates, salary guidelines or career advice please feel free to get in touch on 061-430940 or drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.