Financial Controller, Dublin West - €90k
The Financial Controller will Manage a team of five and will be responsible for training and mentoring of the team. The ideal candidate will be strategic, ambitious and someone who is looking for a new challenge and wants to progress to Finance Director in a short period of time.
- Preparation and presentation of monthly financial reporting information, in line with structured deadlines - to include variance analysis of Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet and Working Capital movements versus Budget/Forecast.
- Work closely with the FD to prepare shareholder presentations.
- Provide clear and informative financial, operational & commercial commentary - enabling effective communication of site performance
- Act as integral part to 2 management teams.
- Adopt a continuous improvement approach in order to process efficiencies within Finance Department.
- Design and implement initiatives that enhance finance capability on an on-going basis.
- Delivery of all statutory requirements.
- Delivery of consolidated management accounts by working day 5 every month.
- Participate in / manage finance project work as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Qualified Accountant with a minimum of 5 years PQE
- High level of commercial and strategic planning experience
- Ability and desire to step up to Finance Director level within two years
- Ability to multitask between projects and companies within the group
- Must be a team player, yet highly self-driven and ambitious.
- Strong organisational skills in order to deliver on external customers' expectations.
- To have the ability to set realistic individual objectives to drive departmental goals.
- Must have excellent financial understanding and have the ability to develop and create budgets.
- High level of proficiency with computer systems, financial and operational
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.