Financial Reporting role in a US Multinational business for a German speaking accountant
Financial Accountant - German
As part of their ongoing growth, we are working with a technology company looking for add a German speaking accountant their Finance Team here in Cork. Reporting to the accounting manager, you will take ownership of the German entity.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate review and posting of month end close and accounting transactions; P&L and balance sheet account analysis, review, reconciliation & resolution
- Ensure financial records are in compliance with US and Local GAAP
- Responsible for preparing local financial statements.
- Ensure the ongoing implementation & integrity of all accounting transactions per agreed processes, procedures, and controls
- Analyze accounting processes and procedures for greater efficiency
- Consistently maintain appropriate internal controls and upholds company policies & procedures
- Build relationships with and support key contacts in the German business
- Proactively identify problem areas in the processes across all accounting functions and work with the team to generate solutions
- Compliance with SOX requirements and testing
- Support Internal and External Audits
- Preparation of local reports and tax returns for the German market.
- May need to travel 10-20% of the time.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills required
- Detail orientated, with focus into high volume of numeric data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, capable of reporting to high level management
- Proved team player
- Results orientated
- Ability to work under pressure whilst ensuring accuracy
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- Qualified Accountant with a ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA or similar
- Must be fluent in German and English languages. Any additional European language is an advantage
- 2-3 years PQE experience in a Shared Service environment a distinct advantage
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Oracle or similar
For more information on this role, please contract Ronan McInerney on 021-2300300 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.