Fantastic opportunity for a Financial Accountant with a large FMCG company in Dublin city centre
Fantastic opportunity for a Financial Accountant with a large FMCG client based in Dublin city centre. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the financial set up of one of their new global brands.
· Deliver all costs on plan, ensuring appropriate controls are in place across the departments.
· Support the preparation of the annual phased budget
· Own the cost control and productivity agenda within the management team and the wider business, identifying areas of improvement and holding all stakeholders to account.
· Support on capital expenditure processes and budgets as required
· Work with Project leads and operations manager to set processes and reporting up for success
· Assist with Procurement/Tendering process as required
· Support the various teams with measurement and evaluation papers of proposed ideas and projects as required
· Ensure policies and procedures are set up to required compliance standards
Management Accounts/ Annual Budget Preparation
· Lead/support on other commercial initiatives as necessary
· Support on the annual year end Statutory Audit
· Support on the annual internal audit process
· Liaise with Tax department on any requirements
· Liaise with Corporate on queries on financials and statutory requirements.
· Continuously monitor and strengthen our internal accounting control processes (cash, debtor, stock and assets) to deliver best control practice and ensure appropriate processes are in place. Hold the wider team to account on this.
· Manage the roll out of any new systems or process
· Support the compliance agenda for the business
· Direct and support the Financial Analyst and finance administrator on the team as appropriate to ensure complete and accurate reporting. Provide training to more junior team members as required.
· Lead the variance analysis on monthly financials understanding the key drivers of performance
· Preparation and review of monthly risks and opportunities on financials
· Preparation & presentation of business performance to senior stakeholders on a monthly and quarterly basis
· Preparation of balance sheet reporting including the completion of all reconciliations
· Champion and advise on all internal policies for the wider business
· Support on stocktake audits as required
Qualifications and Experience Required:
· Qualified accountant with 1-2 years PQE
· ACA, ACCA, CIMA qualification
· Highly numerate/ strong analytical skills
· Credible at FD, MD and Leadership Team level
· Demonstrate a strong track record of financial control, governance & compliance
· Strong understanding of the month end, procurement, accounts payable & receivable process.
· Good communication and interpersonal capabilities with both internal and external stakeholders
· Strong Excel skills and SAP experience desirable
· Experience in project management is an advantage
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.