Leading Biopharmaceutical - 60K - Newly Qualified - City Centre
A leading international biopharmaceutical company is looking for a financial Accountant who will play a key role in the Finance Team
This is a 12 month contract role based in Dublin city centre. The role includes a competitive package with excellent benefits such as 25 days annual leave, pension, private medical insurance, life assurance and income protection.
You will be responsible for the preparation of the monthly management accounts, key management information, financial analysis and assist with preparation of statutory financial statements
- Preparation of accurate monthly management accounts (including Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash flow statement and analysis) to tight deadlines.
- Assist the preparation of annual and quarterly financial accounts in accordance with US GAAP and with supporting schedules.
- Preparation of key management information to a high standard and perform financial analysis with meaningful insights as required.
- Support local accounting requirements as necessary.
- Maintain general ledger and preparation of trial balance.
- Provide assistance and guidance to the accounts payable team to ensure the smooth processing, coding and payment of invoices.
- Maintain proper and accurate books of accounts including as appropriate Revenue Recognition, Fixed Assets, accruals and prepayments, balance sheet reconciliations, intercompany transactions, payroll and all other records required to comply with Irish and US GAAP.
- Disposition of reconciling items arising from account reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly analyses including flux analysis, foreign exchange analysis and aged receivables and payables etc
- Assist with annual statutory audit and preparation of statutory accounts
- Liaise with external auditors as appropriate.
- Work individually and as part of a team to generate efficiency in the IT systems, utilising the ERP and consolidation systems to their full potential
- Maintain appropriate SOX process and control documentation, ensuring the proper design and execution of internal controls and assists in the coordination of SOX control
- Preparation and review of general ledger metrics and key performance indicators
- Other ad hoc duties/projects as may arise
Required Knowledge, Skills, And Abilities
- ACA,CIMA or ACCA qualified accountant
- Experience of and competence in using MS Office, in particular Microsoft Excel
- Fluent English is required
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.