Financial Accountant required for leading MNC in Kilkenny
The succesful candidate will report to the Accounting & Reporting Manager and will focus on inventory valuation, inventory control monitoring and the provision of transactional support to the gross margin accounting process.
- Assessing accuracy of packing and ingredient usage cost, investigating variances and resolving as part of the month-end reporting cycle
- Owning and operating the monthly inventory valuation process - ensuring timely & accurate entries on SAP to effect individual product cost & net realisable values to the balance sheet, under tight time pressures.
- To obtain full familiarity with the SAP inventory valuation process and nuances specific to our products and business.
- Constantly review all inventory related finance models to ensure that they are kept up to date and accurate.
- Constantly review the valuation process, including SAP process, to ensure that it is working as intended.
- Monitoring the accuracy of stock values via on-going logic checking.
- Support the calculation & transacting of month-end journals in relation to revenue recognition.
- Support the preparation of gross margin variance analysis reports, with particular focus on revenue and cost of goods sold.
- Assist with the development of a methodology for the detailed analysis cost of goods sold variances verses plan.
- Liaising with other finance departments (Commercial Finance and Growth Finance) as part of the monthly accounting and budgeting process.
- On-going communications with Operations and Supply Chain to ensure timely and accurate recording of inventory on SAP via our monitoring of adherence to inventory controls.
- Review of vendor reconciliations pertaining to inventory as part of the control review process and recommending process improvements where required.
- Assessment of inventory obsolescence and ensuring this is correctly accounted for (finished goods, packing and engineering).
- Work with Accounting & Reporting peers to drive process improvement, reporting capability development, finance automation and assigned projects / objectives.
- Keeping all documentation relating to inventory valuation, control monitoring and all other tasks associated with the role accurate and up to date.
- Support the external and internal audit activity.
- Degree qualified with professional accounting qualification - 3-5 years PQE required
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Driven interest to understand systems and processes and an ability to use their own initiative gain this knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and the ability to build and maintain detailed models
- Performance & results driven approach
- Experience of ERP systems, Data Warehousing platforms and report design
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.