Excellent opportunity for a Financial Accountant, to join a leading medical devices company based in Waterford.
Our client a leading medical devices company based in Waterford City are looking for a Financial Accountant to join their growing team. Reporting to the Financial Controller you will be responsible for the financial reporting for the site.
- Assists in preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Assists in preparation of a 12-month rolling budget on a quarterly basis.
- Assist in preparing month end/year end accounts.
- Assist in preparing detailed monthly P&L and Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Responsible for fixed asset accounting and participate in capital approval process.
- Monitor daily operations reports and compliance with internal control procedures (SOX).
- Work with the purchasing department to achieve cost savings.
- Drive process improvements in the area of Finance.
- Provides support for lean and cost improvement initiatives.
- Project accounting - Assist in the reporting of Projections/Budgets.
- Assist with interim and year end audit, including preparing year end audit file, liaising with audit team and preparation of year end group reporting.
- Assist in ad-hoc and project requirements.
- Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Ensure ongoing compliance with GMP in all practices, recording of events and processes.
- Ensure compliance with all learnings from all GMP training events.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned from time to time as needed, based on the evolution of the company and the requirements of the department/position.
- Professional Qualification - CIMA/ACCA/ACA
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and audit ready at all times
- Excellent organizational, time management and administration skills required
- Advanced Microsoft applications user
- SAP experience an advantage
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.