Superb chance to join one of Cork's most well known and best respected companies
Brilliant role for an accountant looking to start their career in industry. If you are coming from a strong training background and are looking for a role where you will be exposed to all facets of a thriving commercial business, then this is the role for you. Varied and hands on, the role will facilitate working wth some of the best accountants in Cork.
- Working with stakeholders to compile the budget and forecasts for capital expenditure and depreciation.
- Assessing and reporting periodically on capex spend and providing analytical commentary to management & the board.
- Provide support to Capex budget holders on technical queries
- Reconciliation and management of intercompany accounts
- Calculation & posting of division specific intercompany eliminations
- Developing and leading the improvement of internal controls across key balance sheet areas, including CI initiatives in relation to Intercompany.
- General balance sheet governance, control & compliance
- Ensuring key accounting treatment is compliant with FRS102
- Co-ordination of the periodic financial reporting for the Business Development departments.
- Development of cost reporting suite to enhance departmental understanding of performance, including payroll reporting.
- Production of a financial commentary for each area, highlighting ad-hoc variances and distributing these insights to the relevant stakeholders.
- Compiling the forecasts & budgets for the relevant department including assessment of actual spend for the area.
- Building longstanding relationships as a Business Partner to the relevant Departments.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and achievements:
- Qualified accountant
- Excellent communication and influencing skills coupled with an ability to build relationships cross functionally
- Strong IT (proficiency in excel is required), interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Knowledge of Oracle will be of distinct advantage.
- A high level of attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong focus on proactive continuous improvement
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.