Field Sales Manager - FMCG
Reporting to the CEO, The Field Sales Manager's will be a sales professional with a proven sales history, business acumen and knowledge of the Foodservice and\or FMCG industry combined with a customer centric approach to selling.
Responsibilities include building and strengthening the internal and external sales teams, managing and developing customer relations, and implementing relevant strategies for group acquisitions. You will also perform detailed market research and analysis to develop and manage the strategy to ensure the team are focused on new business acquisition and profitability while retaining existing customers.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for the 'new business' acquisition and profitability
- Ownership and development of the strategy for the business performance
- Create a culture of coaching and mentoring within the business
- Be pro-active in driving and identifying new business prospects and ensuring all sales and revenue opportunities are explored and captured
- Building and maintaining relationships with both internal and external sales and marketing departments, vendors, distributors, and customers
- Report on performance against all targets and take responsibility for implementing corrective action plans where necessary
- Identifying and developing new business opportunities for the company and developing new group partnerships
- Formulating and implementing an account management plan to ensure that business relations are properly maintained
- Provide accurate, timely and consistent reporting to CEO
- Work effectively with other departments when handing over new clients, ensuring they are fully briefed in all relevant information
- Manage and develop the Sales Team, empowering them individually but supporting them in decision making to hit all business KPI's (NPD; Distribution; Promotional Plan; Pricing)
Key skills and Experience required:
- A proven track record of managing teams and achieving results.
- Proven experience in marketing and business development management.
- Sound negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong leadership & communication skills are essential with the ability to work within a fluid, fast-paced environment.
- The person should have high levels of organisation skills, attention to detail and be extremely process-driven.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience of procurement/tender processes, and tender proposals.
- Full Clean Driving license
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.