Our Client a Leading technology Company is seeking an Executive Business Administrator to join the team!
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Executive Business Administrator to provide support to the Support Leader, within Customer Service and Support. If you thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment and are passionate about your role as a business support professional - we'd like to learn more about you.
The position requires someone who has excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills. The ability to work successfully under pressure in a fast-paced team environment, build and maintain effective working relationships, accommodate diverse working styles and be fair and unbiased are essential to success in this role, along with attention to detail and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
The right individual for this job must be willing to step in wherever help is needed. The ability to clearly prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously within a global and cross-organizational team is essential.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Executive calendar management Domestic and international travel logistics, trip preparation.
* Expense reporting.
* Managing close working relationships with key business stakeholders/leaders in the associated Groups across the CSS organization to ensure strategic prioritization.
* Provide Rhythm of the Business support - ensuring timely planning and facilitation of internal meetings, Connect discussions, Rewards discussions, and other key discussions.
* Schedule and implement staff meetings, events and off-sites, major events, partner meetings, and workshops.
* Tracking of Teams T&E spend.
* Provide cover and administrative support as needed within the Global Admin Community to provide a seamless service to the Group.
* Support for the Dublin based activities including listings, site events and hardware ordering where needed.
* Judgment in dealing with confidential information and ensuring accurate and timely distribution of information.
* Maintaining and publishing organizational charts, org level aliases and distribution groups.
* Oversee all aspects of the administrative tools and act as the information champion for such data.
* Other daily admin tasks as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience:
* High -level administrative experience supporting a senior executive.
* Experience working with Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, OneNote.
* Excellent organizational, analytical, anticipatory, and written communications skills.
* Ability to juggle multiple projects at once, in addition to dealing with ambiguity.
* Solid problem-solving skills.
* Must be assertive, have a high level of integrity, and consistently demonstrate a positive, "can-do" attitude with the ability to maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive material with tact and professionalism.
* Eager and able to work effectively under pressure with short time constraints and in relatively ambiguous and complex situations, as well as the ability to adjust direction in response to changing work situations.
* Able to work successfully in a Global team environment, build effective working relationships inside and outside group, and accommodate working styles and perspectives of diverse individuals and groups.
* Knowledge of corporate organization and ability to navigate it; knowledge of departmental business practices and tools is required.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.