Excellent opportunity for a newly-qualified tax professional to make their first move into industry
Our client, a US headquartered technology company, is actively recruiting a European Tax Accountant to join their growing tax team. Reporting directly to the European Tax Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for handling tax-related matters across all tax heads. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain exposure to industry tax practices across the EMEA region. The position covers a wide range of responsibilities and scope in a dynamic and fast paced multi-national environment, thereby offering unique learning experiences.
- You will be responsible for handling tax-related matters with scope covering all taxes - corporate, VAT, employment taxes and all other taxes arising in each jurisdiction.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all tax deadlines and laws in respect of allocated entities/jurisdictions. While the role is compliance focused, you will also obtain a lot of exposure to tax planning, structuring, M&A and tax projects working with the European Tax Manager and overseas tax teams.
- You will also be responsible for providing input and advice to other departments for all tax related matters including finance and accounting teams, HR, treasury, legal etc.
- You will assist the European Tax Manager in reviewing annual tax provision calculation and disclosures for inclusion in statutory accounts.
- You will act as initial liaison with Payroll and HR departments for tax/social security related queries (Salary, benefits, share options, overseas employees, contractors vs employees)
- You will ensure all compliance deadlines are identified and adhered to for all taxes.
- You will prepare and submit annual corporate tax returns in conjunction with local advisors in various jurisdictions.
- You will generally assist in all other tax aspects arising within the group across all taxes. This will include tax planning opportunities, group reorganisations and rationalisation, group financing, transfer pricing, WHT, efficient use of FTC's and maximising DTR position.
- Qualified AITI/ACA with a minimum of 1 years' post qualified experience.
- Good experience in Irish Corporation Tax, VAT and employment taxes is essential.
- Knowledge of other European tax regimes will also be considered advantageous.
- Good communication skills and the ability to liaise with other non-tax professionals
- Ability to work in a dynamic high performance environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting systems would be an advantage.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.