Minimum 12 months hourly rate contract in Cork with leading medical device manufacturer
Equipment Project Engineer
This role requires an experienced Equipment Project Engineer who has exposure working with a variety of equipment including PLC, HMI, vision systems and machine building. You will be responsible to implement highly capable and effective manufacturing processes to meet business goals and objectives, in conjunction with providing technical/engineering maintenance and calibration support involved in delivering equipment/fixture type solutions that result in optimum manufacturing practices. This is an hourly rate contract position with a minimum term of 12 months.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the introduction and validation of new equipment
- Works with Value Streams to identify opportunities for equipment improvement - automation, vision systems, robotics.
- Works with Product Development to help establish the equipment requirements for new products.
- Works as part of a team to define the specification of new equipment (URS).
- Meets with vendors to review equipment proposals, vendor selection and capital approval.
- A core team member for new equipment design reviews and FAT's.
- Helps debug production issues with automated equipment.
- Provides input and helps in selection of new technologies to improve plant efficiencies.
- Leads or represents function in periodic business metric reviews.
- Initiates cross-functional partnerships to identify and resolve production/engineering issues.
- Establishes and supports a work environment of continuous improvement that supports Quality policy, Quality System & the appropriate regulations for the area.
- Ensures that Maintenance and Calibration requirements are built into new equipment specifications.
- Ensure relevant documentation is prepared and updated in line with all Quality and Regulatory guidelines and promotes full compliance to all GMP and E&AS requirements.
- Keep abreast of all relevant technological advancements.
- Maintain and develop the team's technical and trouble shooting skills.
- Sustain an environment of continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintain relationships with technical management in sister sites and R&D.
- Develop new equipment/processes as necessary.
- Oversee the specification and purchase of capital equipment ensuring balance between optimizing technological capabilities and return on investment.
- Manage the planning and execution of equipment validations per E&AS requirements.
- Providing technical leadership on maintenance and equipment issues.
What will this contact offer you:
- Work for one of the leaders in the Industry, with a diverse portfolio of Medical Devices
- Collaborative working environment where each member's input is valued
- Work in a high-performance environment and exposure to latest manufacturing technologies
For more information on this role and a confidential discussion please contact Eleanor Collins @ Morgan McKinley 021 2300 300 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.