Looking for an experienced Equipment Engineer to engineer and implement highly capable and effective manufacturing processes
What are we looking for:
Looking for an experienced Equipment Engineer to engineer and implement highly capable and effective manufacturing processes to meet business goals and objectives, in conjunction with providing technical/engineering maintenance and calibration support involved in delivering equipment/fixture type solutions that result in optimum manufacturing practices.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the introduction and validation of new equipment.
- Works with Value Streams to identify opportunities for equipment improvement - automation, vision systems, robotics etc.
- Works with Product Development to help establish the equipment requirements for new products.
- Works as part of a team to define the specification of new equipment (URS).
- Meets with vendors to review equipment proposals, vendor selection and capital approval.
- A core team member for new equipment design reviews and FAT's.
- New equipment validation.
- Transfer and validation of equipment from other sites.
- Champions the introduction of new technologies.
- Helps debug production issues with automated equipment.
- Provides input and helps in selection of new technologies to improve plant efficiencies.
- Develops and executes departmental budgets and capital spending.
- Leads or represents function in periodic business metric reviews.
- Initiates cross-functional partnerships to identify and resolve production/engineering issues.
- Prioritizes and drives execution of multiple complex department projects. Sponsors and supports Operations Value Improvement Process (VIP) or Strategic Activity Review (STAR) projects.
- Responsible for the departmental basics including budgeting, hiring, day-to-day management, project resourcing, etc.
- Establishes and supports a work environment of continuous improvement that supports Quality policy, Quality System & the appropriate regulations for the area.
- Organises training for new equipment.
- Ensures that Maintenance and Calibration requirements are built into new equipment specifications.
- Ensure relevant documentation is prepared and updated in line with all Quality and Regulatory guidelines and promotes full compliance to all GMP and E&AS requirements.
- Keep abreast of all relevant technological advancements.
- Maintain and develop the team's technical and trouble shooting skills.
- Sustain an environment of continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintain relationships with technical management in sister sites and R&D.
- Develop new equipment/processes as necessary.
- Develop and implement the appropriate maintenance procedures and protocols to ensure processes remain in control at all times.
- Oversee the specification and purchase of capital equipment ensuring balance between optimizing technological capabilities and return on investment.
- Manage the planning and execution of equipment validations per E&AS requirements.
- Providing technical leadership on maintenance and equipment issues.
- Provide effective and responsive Calibration support to Operations to meet their area's objectives of quality, cost and output.
What are we offering you:
- Work for one of the leaders in the Industry, with a diverse portfolio of Medical Devices
- Collaborative working environment where each member's input is valued
- Work in a high performance environment and exposure to latest manufacturing technologies
- Half day on Friday
- Flexible pay rates depending on experience
- 12 month contract position
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.