Engineering manager with considerable project experience required for a leading Dublin based Pharmaceutical company
The Engineering Manager is a key position within the Site Management Team responsible for all aspects of Utilities, Facilities, Projects, CAPEX, Automation and Site Security
The roles responsibilities, duties and tasks associated with the role will include:
- Managing the Engineering Group, to include recruitment & selection, training and development, and performance management of staff.
- Planning, organizing, directing and controlling activities within the Engineering Group in order to meet defined company, plant and engineering objectives.
- Managing the engineering budget to include the assembly of yearly budgets, adhering to budgets, instigating cost improvement projects to reduce budget spend and management of the capital expenditure program for the Plant.
- Management of all internal and external construction projects. Previous demonstrable experience of construction must be evident
- Leading CAPEX and major site projects
- Inputting and driving a 5 year site plan in terms of Engineering strategy and support.
- Working with QA to develop the area of automation within the plant and compliance to data integrity
- Ensuring all engineering work and designs are carried out to appropriate GMP standards (HPRA and FDA amongst others) and current Environmental Health and Safety Standards and Legislation
- Initiating and promoting cross functional partnerships to ensure the Plant Team consisting of Internal Manufacturing, Technical Affairs Engineering and EHS are working together effectively to meet plant objectives. In particular, working closely with Internal Manufacturing to ensure customer delivery targets are met.
- Managing all engineering systems including facilities calibrations, facilities preventative maintenance, change controls and KPI indicators
- Reporting on departmental performance.
- Managing all aspects of security within the company, including the contract security company which provides after-hours cover.
- Managing engineering activities to provide a high level of service with minimum disruption to business operations.
- Leading the engineering team in process designs, development, continuous improvement and any engineering aspects of technology transfer projects from other sites or building projects.
The successful candidate will have graduated with a minimum of Level 8 BEng qualification in engineering and will possess the following Knowledge, Skills, and Experiences.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience, gained in a compliant, dynamic, solid dosage or/and steriles/biotech finished pharmaceutical environment, preferably with an FDA accredited plant.
- Experience in facilities/utilities management, automation and projects. A Project Management qualification is desirable.
- Highly effective people management skills - Experience of managing engineers at all levels along with cross functional teams. (min 5 years )
- Excellent time management and organisational skills- Must be well organised in approach to work and disciplined in the evaluation of priorities and reaction to same.
- Must be able to thrive in an environment where there can be simultaneously many number one priorities
- Logical and analytical problem-solving skills (a solution provider rather than a problem provider)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written along with an ability to communicate ideas, concepts and projects clearly and positively
- Should enjoy working with a committed and enthusiastic Plant Management Group to achieve overall plant and company goals.
- Previous experience in working within a high containment environment a distinct advantage
- Previous experience in working within Biopharma/Small molecule manufacturing environment.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.