Our client is a globally recognised, award-winning innovator specialising in the design, supply, installation and support of customised energy and critical power management solutions.
Reporting directly to the Operations Director this role will be responsible for a number of engineering departments. As a result we are looking for a proven people manager who has the ability to lead and manage teams across multiple disciplines.
The Engineering Manager will be responsible for:
- Planning, assigning, evaluating and prioritising technical and project workloads with the Project Managers.
- Hiring and training engineering staff. Conducting interviews, completing job reviews while acting as a mentor for engineers.
- Setting and reviewing professional development goals for their engineers.
- Reporting to Senior Management & Program Management Office.
- Developing Work Breakdown Structures for new Project planning.
- Controlling and Monitoring Resource Capacity and Demand Planning.
- Directing, analysing and approving product design.
- Controlling & Monitoring Issue & Change Management to meet customer's expectations and liaise with Sales admin Team on Scope Creep/Change invoicing.
- Managing Engineering Department operating expense budget.
- Directing and implementing Front end ISO Design 9001 practices.
Strong verbal and written communication when dealing with engineers, site architects, vendors, and other professionals will be needed on a daily basis. Other responsibilities include:
- Discussing project specifications consulting with customers.
- Developing detailed cost estimates and project schedules.
- Overseeing development and maintenance of engineering staff competence. Training and developing engineering staff on professional grounds.
- Developing and maintaining ongoing training systems and practices.
- Establishing technical goals working with upper management and customers in line with Company Strategy.
- Developing New Product Introduction Processes. Implement Design for Manufacture & Assembly in all new designs.
- Develop and manage capital budget Investments for New Product Introduction.
- Provide engineering design services to support plant initiatives.
- Supervising Quality Dept to maintain ISO standards for all Product development.
- Liaise with R&D Dept for Production Testing - Develop Test procedures and Test Rigs.
Experience and Qualifications
Must have proficient knowledge & experience in the following areas:
- Project Management Software such as MS Project, Smartsheet, Gannt Project etc
- Office Suite - Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Skype for Business or similar
- NPI practices & DFMA Practices
- 5 + Years' Experience in Similar role
- Strong mechanical & Electrical skills.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.