Ideal opportunity for a newly-qualified tax consultant to join a global brand as an EMEA Tax Specialist
EMEA Tax Specialist
Our client, a leading manufacturing brand, are expanding their International Tax Team and hiring an EMEA Tax Specialist for their Dublin office.
Reporting directly to the European Senior Tax Manager and European Tax Planning Director (both based in Dublin), you will be primarily responsible for developing and implementing tax strategy and ensuring full tax compliance of the group's European entities.
This is a unique opportunity for an ambitious tax professional to play a leading financial role within a truly worldwide organization and gain valuable industry experience. The role offers an equal mix of tax planning and compliance work, with a primary focus on international taxes.
The ideal candidate will be recently or part-qualified with Big 4/Top 10 experience and a desire to make an industry move.
- Assisting in assuring that the European legal structure is tax and cost efficient.
- Assisting in Tax Planning to reduce the global tax burden, focusing on opportunities in Europe and, to a lesser extent, Middle East and Africa.
- Support on tax aspects of acquisitions, divestitures, and structured financial transactions.
- Managing cross-border intercompany transactions (transfer pricing, dividends, interest, license fees, management charges, etc.) to minimize taxes and facilitate the ultimate repatriation of earnings to the United States.
- Ensuring full compliance of European legal entities with European rules and regulations.
- Reviewing local country tax returns to ensure that tax planning strategies and contentious items are properly reflected and to identify new opportunities and exposures.
- Support regarding tax-related opportunities, such as financial engineering, VAT and customs planning, government grants, etc.
- Newly/Part Qualified with CTA/AITI
- Big 4/Top 10 experience. International industry tax experience will be advantageous.
- Strong tax knowledge and the ability to apply technical tax rules in a practical business environment.
- Lateral thinker with a creative and flexible approach to tax management.
- Self-starter, hands-on attitude with plenty of initiative.
- Hard working with a sense of humor.
- Willingness to travel overseas as necessary.
- Understanding of United States tax principles is advantageous but not essential.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.