EMEA Tax Accounting position with a U.S Headquartered Technology company in Dublin city centre.
Morgan McKinley are representing a US headquartered technology company, who are expanding their tax team and hiring an EMEA Tax Expert for their Dublin office.
Reporting directly to the European Tax Manager, you'll be responsible for ensuring compliance with all tax deadlines and laws in respect of allocated entities/jurisdictions. At present, the tax team is responsible for approximately 60 entities in 30 jurisdictions. While the role has a compliance focus, you will have the opportunity to gain exposure to tax planning, structuring, M&A and tax projects, thereby offering a unique learning experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious tax professional to make their first step into industry and gain exceptional experience within a truly global organization.
The ideal candidate will be AITI/ACA qualified with a minimum of 1 years' PQE in a Private Practice AND/OR Industry environment, but relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a full professional qualification.
Dependant on experience, the salary range for this role will be negotiable, in addition to a comprehensive benefits package.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- You will form part of a team of European Tax Accountants based in Dublin, reporting to the European Tax Manager also in Dublin. Overall the team is responsible for approximately 60 entities in 30 jurisdictions.
- You will be responsible for handling tax-related matters with scope covering all taxes - corporate, VAT, employment taxes and all other taxes arising in each jurisdiction
- You will also be responsible for providing input and advice to other departments for all tax related matters including finance and accounting teams, HR, treasury, legal etc.
- You will assist the European Tax Manager in reviewing annual tax provision calculation and disclosures for inclusion in statutory accounts.
- You will assist the European Tax Manager in reviewing quarterly tax packs for purposes of tax provisioning and FIN 48 reporting to HQ for SEC reporting.
- You will act as initial liaison with Payroll and HR departments for tax / social security related queries (Salary, benefits, share options, overseas employees, contractors vs employees).
- You will ensure all compliance deadlines are identified and adhered to for all taxes.
- You will prepare and submit annual corporate tax returns in conjunction with local advisors in various jurisdictions.
To be successful, you will need:
- AITI/ACA qualified, with a minimum of 1 years' PQE in a Private Practice AND/OR Industry environment.
- Experience in one or more of the following tax heads: Irish Corporation Tax, VAT, Employment taxes.
- Knowledge of other European tax regimes will also be considered advantageous.
- Good communication skills and the ability to liaise with other non-tax professionals.
- Ability to work in a dynamic high performance environment.
- Some minimal travel may be required.
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting systems would be an advantage.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.