My client is committed to helping customers live their best possible life through the power of health. They have consistently brought new products and technologies to the world of nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals. Today they have over 99,000 employees working in the more than 150 countries.
This role will offer the right candidate an excellent opportunity to join a progressive organisation at a time of huge expansion.
The EMEA Distribution Specialist will be responsible for supporting the EMEA Cardio metabolic distribution business and Distribution Commercial Directors in Europe, Middle East and Africa. The goal of this role is to drive efficiencies in our commercial dealings for and with our distribution partners, while ensuring compliance is always at the forefront.
The position reports directly to the Director, Commercial Operations, Cardio metabolic EMEA but will work closely with the respective Distribution Commercial Directors
Responsibilities and Duties
- Stay current with inventory levels and requirements, in particular products on allocation
- Tenders - coordinate tender support for distributors as recommended by EMEA Tender Manager
- Prioritise Cardio metabolic distributor product allocation in EMEA
- Distribution Pricing - link with master data, ensure prices are updated in line with approved pricing levels and distributor contracts
- Implement & communicate annual price increases to distributors and all internal stakeholders. Price increases are agreed upon between Pricing and Distribution Commercial Leader
- Administer Distribution Contracts, ensure records are kept up to date in a single contract repository Maintain Distributor Database containing information in relation to current and potential distributors in relevant markets
- Coordinate contract signature and track on-boarding process with Customer Service, Master data, Legal and OEC (Office of Ethics and Compliance)
- Coordinate distributors Business Reviews ensure data requirements from Distributors, Commercial Finance and Distribution Commercial Leaders are met timely
- Liaise frequently with Customer Service, Sales, Credit & Collections, Legal, Compliance, and Marketing to resolve open issues.
- Ensure distributions information in up-to-date in CRM and SAP. Responsible for requesting any update necessary to Master data.
- Support on providing related reports and communication to EMEA Commercial and Marketing leaders
- Handling of complex queries, providing general advice and guidance to Commercial Directors, Customer Service or Credit & Collections.
- Escalate complaints to the commercial team and leadership as necessary
- Adherence and awareness of compliance and regulatory guidelines in customer set up and support
- Keep up-to-date on products, inventory, promotions, etc.
- Review customers open orders on a weekly basis
- Work with warehouse or supply chain personnel as needed to ensure customer requirements are met
- Develop and maintain customer and employee relationships
- Handle distributor's queries and request for special price discounts in absence of Regional Commercial Directors. Escalate pricing requests as necessary, in line with pricing governance process.
- Support training and events for distribution partners
- Support distributor selection process including Partner Proposals development, evaluation and selection
Required/preferred educational background
- B.A. or B.S. Degree required
- A minimum of 5 years of customer service, sales/account management, sales operations, marketing and/or finance experience required
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to achieve results through influencing others and maintaining strong links with other departments, particularly Commercial Teams.
- Strong analytical skills, excellent attention to detail and good business judgement.
- A problem solver with great personal initiative and self-motivated
- Strong desire to review activities in order to do things better.
- Self-starter, possesses flexibility and ability to work under pressure in a fast-changing environment and ambiguous situations.
- Positive attitude, team player with a high level of initiative, energy and enthusiasm.
- A proven record of delivering exceptional customer service.
- Effective communicator, both articulate & verbally presentable with the ability to drive collaboration and performance of Customer Service teams.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience working with distributors in an international environment
- Experience of dealing with distributors in Africa, Middle East and Russia would be a plus
- Experience working within a complex virtual team environment and leading project activities
- Negotiation acumen and experience required
- Experience with market knowledge and analytics required
- Process excellence and project management expertise is required
- Financial acumen preferred
- Proven track record in working with cross functional teams to deliver KPI's.
- Good understanding of and experience in sales distribution and logistics.
- Excel and PowerPoint knowledge essential
- Ability to travel and provide on-site support and training as needed