My client is currently seeking an experienced Data Protection Officer who will provide accurate, timely and commercially focused advice on data protection and privacy issues as they relate to GDPR, ensuring that all relevant business units are compliant with all existing and future data protection and privacy -related obligations impacting on activities and minimising regulatory interference on the business.
The DPO will be the primary interface for the EU entities with the relevant offices of the Data Protection regulators whilst delivering on the overall data protection strategy for the business. The role will have exposure to all areas of the business and the opportunity to interact with senior management.
- Plays a key role in managing the company's EU compliance programme in advance of the GDPR regulation.
- Key point of contact for the business with any relevant supervisory authorities and any data protection queries from consumers and the business
- Review and update the data protection strategy for the company incorporating all business unites
- Work collaboratively with the business to develop and drive implementation across the business of best practices, procedures, tools and checklists to support the implementation of GDPR data protection programme
- Manages investigations and complaints from the Data Protection Commissioner
- Oversee the maintenance of comprehensive records of all data processing activities conducted by the company, including the purpose of all processing activities, which must be made public on request.
- Advising the business on controls based monitoring and supporting the delivery of controls across the business
- Provide Data Protection guidance to the business on key projects and initiatives to ensure compliance with the GDPR
- Manages escalated queries from all parts of the business, taking them to resolution by developing effective solutions
- Manages privacy impact assessments, privacy by design, subject access request, data retention, international data transfer management, data breaches, third party management and ensuring that the business is advised appropriately on compliant solutions
- Regularly monitoring compliance with GDPR
- Oversight and performance of data privacy impact assessments
- Produces regular status reports for the senior management team, summarising key data protection risks and issues.
- Delivery of data protection awareness courses across the business. Develop materials and tools and support education, training and awareness.
Essential business experience and technical skills:
- Legal or relevant data protection qualification
- A relevant data protection qualification
- IT, Risk qualification also preferred
- At least 4-5 years' experience in data protection role or in a compliance role with data protection responsibilities
- Expert knowledge of national and European data protection law and practices
- Knowledge of general insurance sector, products, services, classes of insurance including underlying legal principles and practices.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.