Excellent role with a global tech company and their R&D Centre
Director of SRE Global Tech
What is there for you:
- A challenging role to establish and grow a team of SRE engineers
- Opportunity to work for globally recognized Technology Company and their R&D
- Working on technology innovations to improve performance of for SRE globally
- Having a real impact on the future of technology
- Strong exposure and working closely with AI teams
- Strong work-life balance
- Perm role with excellent remuneration benefits: bonus, pension contribution, 25 days of holidays)
- Centrally based offices in Dublin 2
- Three stages interview process - long distance interview possible for relocating candidates
This is a new team set up in Dublin R&D to work on innovative technologies for SRE team. The focus areas will be anomaly detection root and cause analysis, automation, capacity planning, alarm management and event correlation and analysis. The Director will be setting up the strategy and direction of the work of the team therefore require a very strong expertise within the SRE is required. She/He will help with recruitment, manage a team of 4 initially and drive the direction of the research and development.
- Design and refine systems to improve the availability, latency, scalability and performance aspects of our service.
- Lead capacity planning, proactive monitoring, and performance optimization eﬀorts.
- Implement automation opportunities to drive down repetitive processes, reduce technical debt and improve system reliability.
- Encourage a data-driven culture to improve the efficiency, scalability, stability, and security of applications.
- Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems and ensure permanent closure of incidents.
- Identify core competitiveness and drive SRE towards key technical layout and technical Ready.
The ideal candidate background
- 10+ years of DevOps or SRE experience in the software industry.
- Proven programming skills in two or more: Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby, PHP, Java, Shell or C.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Experience with performance analysis, troubleshooting, tuning, and capacity planning.
- Familiar with IASS, PASS, Docker, Micro-services, Prometheus, Kubernetes and other software technologies.
- Excellent coordination and teamwork skills
Apply now or contact Dominika at MMK for more information
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.