Director - Enterprise Risk
Director - Enterprise Risk | Dublin City Centre
There is a new challenging position for a Director of Enterprise Risk in a multinational company in the investment management industry. This global company have operations worldwide, holding a strong presence here in Dublin City Centre.
This company is one of the most prestigious in providing investment management, investment services and wealth management, helping institutions and individuals investors access global capital markets. This firm nurture the sense of innovation, building new ways to give the best financial solutions for the world and the best experience for their client's, in a trusting, respectful and meaningful environment.
You will be working as part of a high-performing team in the second line of defence, providing support to the Chief Risk Officer in Ireland, building effective dialogue with a variety of stakeholders, focusing on projects, risk frameworks and an emphasis on continuous improvement. This team also has a focus on delivering compliance advisory regarding policies and internal governance requirements, risk appetite framework and guidance assessing and developing strategies to mitigate risks.
The Director - Enterprise Risk position offers an excellent salary and bonus package alongside a generous overall package.
- Responsible for managing enterprise risk from a 2nd line of defence, overseeing risk assessments, framework implementation from a business line perspective and overseeing risks reported for the regulated entities through material risk identifications process
- Ensure the risk appetite statements are complete, updated annually and ensure all metrics are monitored and reported appropriately
- Support the Compliance Function, ensuring the Central Bank of Ireland rules and regulations have been followed with the PRISM supervisory reviews
- Attend the Risk Committees and Business Acceptance Committees, escalating issues to legal entity Risk Committees or the Senior Risk Management Committees as required
- Work closely with the EMEA Capital planning team and local senior teams to ensure capital plans are compiled in a timely manner, reviewed, challenged and delivered with the appropriate Irish legal Boards for both approval and implementation
- Responsible for ad hoc investigation/reporting to legal regulatory bodies on risk exposures relative to risk appetite and ensure risks inherent to proposed business strategies including, large significant transactions, client business and other major decisions are in line with appropriate risk appetites
- Provide advisory to the risk teams (1LOD) with regards to the risk framework tool updates, controls environment reviews, risk assessments, risk identification reviews, resiliency, participation in line of business governance meetings
- Minimum 8 years' experience working in risk management, including the imbedding of risk frameworks
- Experience working within the funds/asset management industry would be a distinct advantage
- Previous PCF 14 designation an advantage
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Business or other
- Ability to understand/interpret new and existing regulatory requirements
- Strong technical knowledge in regulations and financial regulator rules
- Communication, relationship building and project management skills are essential
- Innovative, creative and focus on problem-solving with the ability to assess the facts to make informed decisions and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate successfully with colleagues at all levels and build effective working relationships
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.