Design Team Supervisor - Dublin
Due to the continued growth and success of one of our long-standing clients based in Dublin, I'm looking to speak to experienced Mechanical Design Engineers looking to move into a new and exciting challenge.
- Lead the team to deliver a number of design projects through the process from pre-design to post-design checking and review.
- Ensure productivity targets are delivered, through stringent planning and tracking of design approach.
- Ensure on time delivery meets its customer commitments and maintains its benchmark delivery lead times.
- Develop, coach and mentor the team to raise individual and team capability.
- Work closely with the technical team to ensure all inputs required to the design process are available and correct.
- Complete technical reviews of completed projects
- Liaise with Sales, and directly with customers when required to gather information necessary in order to ensure right-first-time design work.
- Continuously improve the feeder design process based on best practice and standards.
- Carry out projects to achieve advanced levels of design automation using in house packages.
- Conduct regular performance review meetings with the Design team to track progress against a defined set of performance KPIs.
- Ensure that quality related non-conformances from both external customers and internal departments (e.g. Manufacturing) are actioned and closed-out in a timely manner
- Ensure a customer centric culture within the team.
- Initiate studies and projects to continuously enhance the capability of the feeder team
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering; with experience in a complex design engineering role.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience of leading a team within a Design or Engineering function.
- High level of proficiency in CAD software; Solidworks, would be advantageous.
- Project management skills either acquired through professional qualification and/or extensive on the job experience
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to motivate and develop the team.
- The ability to drive a culture of accountability within the team and live / develop clear standards.
- A Strong passion for continuous improvement and a proven ability to execute projects to achieve significant benefits.
- Excellent communication skills, capable of dealing with people/customers from all levels of the organization.
- The ability to create a participative, inclusive and involved environment.
- A high level of tenacity and ability to work persistently to gather information and seek solutions to problems.
- Excellent planning and prioritising skills, with the ability to apply a systematic and logical approach when organising workload and tasks.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks, manage timelines and set priorities for others and delegate work
- The ability to remain calm in pressurised circumstances and able to deal with challenging situations.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.