NBI are now hiring for a Design Support Manager to join their growing organisation
NBI has presented its vision for world-class, gigabit-speed broadband for every home, farm, school and business in areas of the country which are not fully served by commercial operators (the "Intervention Area"). National Broadband Ireland will supply broadband to the one quarter of Irish people and premises which currently cannot access high-speed broadband through commercial services. It guarantees a level playing field for 1.1 million people, 540,000 premises including 100,000 businesses and farms, and over 600 schools.
Key Objectives / Accountabilities:
The purpose of this role is to take responsibility for meeting and delivering on the technical support requirements of the Low-Level Detailed design process of the target network to meet the needs of the National Broadband Plan, State led intervention. The role will have direct responsibility for the management and availability of the Geographic Information System and specialist support to the design production team. This will include responsibility for the accuracy and recording of the Network Inventory. The role will additionally have responsibility for ensuring compliance with statutory requirements in relation to Project Supervision at the Design Phase, Environmental Process compliance and implementation of the plan to meet Planning Authority requirements. design quality,
- SHWWA compliance
- Network Inventory and records
- Wayleave Management process
- Environmental Compliance
- Planning approvals
- Geo spatial analyses and reporting capability
- Build a top-class team and support function to ensure the smooth operation of the Network Design unit.
- Deliver Technical Support to the Design Production team
- Manage the relationship with Regional Design Managers to deliver timely preparation of contractor design packs.
- Ensure alignment between design project PSDPs
- Develop a support structure for all GEO database process flows within NBI
- Supervise the transfer of GEO spatial data sets and information packs between NBI and all third parties.
- Commission and complete all required environmental and ecological assessments and reports to meet project approval.
- Manage all engaged external environmental and planning consultancies.
- Ensure appropriate planning exemptions are processed and successfully secured to meet project deployment timelines.
- Ensure all required wayleaves are secured, recorded and evidenced to allow seamless implementation of proposed designs.
- Manage the creation of the Network inventory and records.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety obligations
- Develop and deliver the environmental and ecological compliance plan.
- Develop and implement the wayleave and licence governance procedure.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key operational, business and management stakeholders
- Support the Departmental Authorisation to proceed process.
- Support the Network Deployment Infrastructure Access manager.
Knowledge & Experience
- Qualified to at least degree level in a relevant engineering/electrical/electronic/ICT discipline
- 5+ years' experience in a technical role in telecommunications industry.
- Strong track record in telecommunications industry, preferably in a design / geo spatial environment.
- Experience of telecommunications network construction principles essential.
- Good people orientation and ability to communicate and lead by example
- Ability to manage time and deal with multiple complex problems at once
- Excellent analytical skills with high attention to detail and good documentation skills
- Proven ability to successfully manage external partners/vendors
- Proven ability to respond well to change and maintain flexibility while keeping focus on objectives
- Ability to manage a team where there is a requirement to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks within a fast-paced, deadline oriented, environment
- Strong team player
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Excellent ambassador for NBI, promoting the organisation and role modelling NBI's values.