Come join Ireland's most exciting start up.
The National Broadband Plan (NBP) is the largest ever telecommunications project undertaken by the Irish State. It aims to radically transform the country's broadband landscape through the delivery of quality, affordable high-speed broadband to all parts of Ireland where such services are not available commercially.
The NBP will ensure that all people and businesses in the Intervention Area have access to a modern and reliable broadband network, capable of supporting the communications, information, education and entertainment requirements of current and future generations.
The network will be designed, built and operated by National Broadband Ireland, using a combination of State subsidy and commercial investment. It will make its services available to all of the rollout area, which accounts for 23% of the population in about approximately 537,000 homes, farms, schools and businesses.
Key Objectives / Accountabilities:
The purpose of this role is to support the Design Quality Manager to ensure that designs flow through the quality process. That these designs are controlled and tracked in a structured manner to ensure efficiency and the optimisation of team effort to meet the needs of the roll out plan. THe role will ensure that the compliance, reporting and liaison requirements of the programme office are implemented effectively in the design delivery team. Workflow organisation and fluidity within the team and within the engaged contractor organisation to meet the programme office schedule will be crucial.
- QC oversight
- Design Release Schedule
- Work Progress Tracking,
- Project Delivery reports
- Manage the design quality process and co-ordinate delivery of designs through the design quality process
- Liaise with the design quality teams to manage the design workload throughput
- Ensure designs and quality checked and go through the QC process in a timely manner
- Manage and co-ordinate the quality process to ensure adherence to each gate review
- Liaise with the design quality project manager to ensure fluidity in the design quality process
- Liaise with the Programme Manager in the PMO to provide updates, keep track of design quality status
- Deliver accurate and timely deployment schedule updates, KPI's and reports to the PMO Programme Manager
- Actively manage and oversee the administration of design documentation adhering to the quality process (naming conventions, version controls, sign off etc) that underpins changes and updates
- Encourage responsiveness in the Design Partners to drive timely delivery and changing business needs
- Ensure all work is released for the design contractor in a timely and efficient manner by the programme executives.
- Actively manage risks and issues that will have an impact on project cost, delivery timelines or quality.
- Proactively manage the prioritisation and completion of jeopardy works elements.
- Continuously seek out new initiatives, ideas, system developments or process changes that are targeted at improving organisation performance and delivery of designs
- Proactively manage stakeholders to ensure the continuing success and reputation of the business.
- Assist with the development and documenting of project management and PMO processes
- You will align project with overall program policies, roadmap, constraints and plans
- Support the PMO Programme Manager in maintaining and updating project related documents
- Continually seek new initiatives and process changes to improve the deployment and build process
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience in project management roles essential
- Experience in large Utility Infrastructure contract delivery, preferably telecommunications.
- Experience of operational process in an accredited environment (ISO, etc.) an advantage
- Project management qualification (PMI/PMP)
- Experience in using ArcGIS an advantage
- Strong problem-solving capability with a "can-do" attitude
- Proven ability to respond well to change and maintain flexibility while keeping focus on objectives
- Strong team player
- Excellent ambassador for NBI, promoting the organisation and role modelling NBI's values.
Morgan McKinley are working in partnership with National Broadband Ireland.