Amazing opportunity for an established Programme Manager in Dublin.
A statutory corporation based in Dublin is seeking an experienced portfolio manager to develop and manage the communications operations for the Chief Communications and Marketing Office (CCMO). The office consists of four operations; Media & Regional Communications, Corporate Affairs and Project Communications, Internal Communications and Brands & Marketing. Within the CCMO operations there has been a demand created to develop and implement new structures, processes and tools to support the coordination and prioritisation of business demand and capacity planning across the CCMO teams. The emerging environment in which the organisation acts requires the CCMO to embody and implement change, the CCMO now requires an experience portfolio manager to plan and manage communications on an ongoing basis.
The portfolio manager will work with the heads of each of the CCMO. As a part of the role they will be required to build and maintain strong relationships with the leaders of the business units to ensure that planning across CCMO is aligned to business strategy and priorities. The role will demand an individual who can work with and engage strategically with senior stakeholders and plan at a strategic level for the CCMO. The candidate will be required to have a complete and detailed understanding of project and portfolio management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning and management of the demand portfolio for the CCMO.
The portfolio tracks all demand, both operational and project activities - currently over 140 demand items. This will involve tracking all new demand from the business, gaining approval from appropriate stakeholders, prioritisation of demand, assignment of demand to relevant manager and monitoring progress.
- Supporting CCMO SMT to develop new processes relating to managing demand and stakeholder expectations.
- Engagement with senior stakeholders across the business in relation to their communications requirements.
- Playing a key role in the development of CCMO strategy.
- Undertake GDPR data steward role and Risk and Internal Controls Lead role for the CCMO function. (No previous experience in GDPR is necessary.)
- Ensuring appropriate governance for the portfolio - escalation of decisions to the CCMO senior management team and the business, accountabilities assigned for all demand items, reporting from managers, project steering groups and governance forum.
- Ensuring compliance with demand and capacity processes and communicating and embedding changes to these when required.
- Providing summary reports on the portfolio at various levels - strategic reporting, detailed reporting and ad hoc reporting based on individual requirements.
- Leading capacity planning across CCMO, supporting the estimation of demand and providing summarised capacity related information to the SMT. Provide critical input into restructuring, reassignments and recruitment decisions.
- Supporting the adoption of project management practices by project managers and coaching to develop their skills and capabilities in this area.
- Assume a project manager role on a number of key projects and provide support to project managers on an agreed set of projects per year.
- Coordination of the CCMO annual budget process and monitor and track spend against budget over the course of the year.
- Identifying strategic portfolio level issues and risks and supporting their resolution.
- Escalating project issues and risks to accountable owners and relevant business stakeholders, where appropriate.
- Building strong relationships within the communications teams, promoting collaboration integration across the teams and supporting the 360° communications approach.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in project and portfolio management.
- A professional qualification in project management such as Prince2 or PMP is a mandatory requirement Experience working in communications such as media, marketing, corporate affairs or internal communications would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of the utilities industry would be an advantage.
- Experience in applying Lean principles to process optimisation would be an advantage.
- A third level degree is required, in business or other related field.
- Strong people skills with experience operating at a strategic level with senior stakeholders.
- Exceptional organisational skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of project management methodologies.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively balance a number of tasks, managing time effectively and producing quality deliverables.
- Ability to manage stakeholders at all levels with a strong focus on collaboration. Strong skills in MS PowerPoint, Excel, Word, SharePoint, Project and Visio.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.