Decision Support Analyst
KBC Bank Ireland plc ('KBC') is 100% owned by KBC Bank and is one of the leading providers of Financial Services in Ireland. Established in 1973, KBC Bank is part of a major European Financial Services Group, the KBC Group which is headquartered in Brussels. KBC Bank provides a broad range of business and personal banking services and has built an enviable reputation.
The successful candidate with join the Decision Support team, part of the Finance department at KBC. The Decision Support team assists the business with all finance-related matters and provides an analytical perspective to important strategic decisions. In addition it designs, implements and manages reporting and processes that support business needs. This includes developing financial forecasts and analyses, generating internal management reports, assist ASU management with reporting requirements, monitoring key performance indicators and peer analysis. It also acts as a liaison with KBC Group Investor Relations.
- Provide timely and accurate delivery of an extensive arrears reporting on a daily, weekly and monthly basis for the Retail and Corporate Banking Portfolio.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly arrears MI reporting pack and Regulatory reporting.
- Ensure prompt response and resolution of all queries received from Senior Management & Finance department in relation to arrears & ad hoc reporting.
- Provide ad hoc analysis to business units when required.
- Work with other departments, such as IT, ensuring availability of relevant information, improving the processes through automation of MI and development of databases.
- Ensure all MI reporting, process and procedures are clearly documented and up to date.
- Ideally 1-2 years' experience in an analytical role.
- Strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail to result in quality reporting.
- Extremely well organized, capable of handling multiple projects and ability to collect, organise, analyse significant amounts of information.
- Interest in financial analysis and its application to business decisions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with Data-Models preferred but not essential.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, Microsoft Access skills preferred but not essential.
- Degree level education in a finance, mathematics or business related discipline.
- Part qualified accountant or intention to pursue an accountancy qualification.
Skills and Abilities:
- Highly motivated and comfortable working in a demanding environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong team player as well as the ability to work off own initiative.
- Ability to understand and interpret complex financial information.
Morgan McKinley are the on-site recruitment partners for KBC Ireland