- Ensuring appropriate ownership for data governance solutions implemented at business level, implementing quality safeguards and completing detailed documentation including data flow documents, process maps and data definitions, and data lineage using tool-sets available
- Be a custodian of the business terms , definitions and ownership to create a common data language that can be made available to the organisation.
- Provide thought leadership and participate with projects that involve any of the upstream or downstream data flows and processes.
- Perform analysis on data attributes to determine if they are fit for purpose and meet expectations.
- Support the implementation of data quality tooling to ensure minimum inefficiency and as much automation as possible to limit future maintenance (user-friendly solutions)
- Work with the Data Governance team to identify key business elements and supporting critical data elements on key reports and change proposals ensuring sufficient ownership and controls from a Data Governance perspective.
- Active participation in strategic data warehousing projects for KBC Ireland and KBC Group
- Build strong and effective relationships with ICT, Operations and the business and participate in cross-departmental meetings and initiatives.
- Relevant Business or Technical Degree
Professional Data or Information Management Qualification - big plus
- 3+ years' experience in the Financial Services Sector or a Consulting background in a data or governance oriented role is a big plus;
- Data Governance experience and familiarity with Data Management tools such as Informatica Axon.
- Experience with the BCBS239 regulation and frameworks such as DMBOK.
- Self-starter with excellent organisational skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Adept at problem solving and working in ambiguous situations;
- Technical skills such as SQL, PowerBI and knowledge of databases;
- Ability to effectively engage with other business areas to support inter-departmental projects and processes which directly impact data quality and governance;
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of their team on day-to-day and projects workflow;
- Project Skills including documentation and requirements gathering;
Morgan McKinley are the on-site recruitment partners for KBC Ireland