The Business Analyst will work with business and technical teams to deliver pragmatic business and or technical solutions to meet business requirements.
The Business Analyst will work with business and technical teams to deliver pragmatic business and or technical solutions to meet business requirements. They will aid the business in identifying and breaking down the current state of their business processes and create As Is maps. The Business Analyst will facilitate workshops with the business and IT stakeholders to identify and document the design and business changes, create To Be maps and elicit, understand and document business requirements.
They will support the development and delivery of products, processes and tools to help deliver the Programme's goals. The Business Analyst will support the Product Owner and Business Design Manager in timely and efficient delivery of objectives.
Accountabilities for your role - what are you expected to do?
Business Requirements & IT Functional Specifications
* In conjunction with business and IT stakeholders, produce and or validate existing business As Is process maps and design and produce To Be process maps.
* Gather, analyse, define, validate and document business requirements from multiple stakeholders to aid IT / 3rd party partners in the design and development of technical solutions to meet business needs.
* Work closely with IT analysts, developers and the business ensuring clear understanding of the proposed requirements and associated functionality.
* Ensure IT feasibility checks are completed as part of requirement validation prior to business sign off of the Business Requirements Document.
* Obtain sign off on requirements from all relevant stakeholders and communicate to relevant IT stakeholders.
* In conjunction with the business, review Functional Specification documents ensuring the business have a clear understanding of the IT changes and accept them.
* Validate that all business requirements documented have been addressed in Functional Specification(s).
* Communicate Functional Specification sign off on behalf of and in conjunction with the business to IT.
Testing and Implementation
* Support Change Managers and Business Leads on Non Functional requirements by ensuring all non-functional requirements identified during elicitation and documentation of the Business Requirements are communicated.
* Support the User Acceptance Testing (UAT) Team in development of the "UAT Approach Document".
* Track business design deliverables to ensure timely results.
* Ensure Change Manger and relevant stakeholders are updated on Business Design progress, issues and risks. Escalate delivery slippage to Change Manger / Agile Product Owner and Direct Line Manager.
* Track time spent on projects, ensuring support is correctly recorded on Business Design team Kanban and relevant Change Management Office (CMO) documentation.
* Be part of a team with a high performance culture, setting and achieving high standards within Group Change and Programme Forte.
* Support Business Led projects by providing project lifecycle and framework training and guidance.
The business analyst will have /be:
* Self-starter with strong time management, good organisation skills and ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workload.
* A high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
* Good stakeholder management skills - ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with key internal stakeholders and 3rd party programme colleagues.
* Willing and able to effectively challenge internal and external processes, obstacles and decisions.
* Strong ability to interpret relevant data/information, with good problem solving skills and ability to break complex problems into manageable parts.
* Good Communication skills.
* Excellent command of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Process Mapping Tools.
* Broad knowledge of the Banking/Financial Services industry, in particular in Retail Banking practices and processes.
* Experience of both Waterfall and Agile methodologies preferable.
Fore more details: email@example.com
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.